CATDELLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • xcygnusxyyzx
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 13 3:27 PM
      yeah I didnt like ANGRY MACHINES as well
      I sold that album along with strange Highways
      and Magica to afford a Dio Ticket with
      DOUG ALDRICH on Guitars that guy knows how to
      Rock and he fit in.
      Cant wait to see the tour
      But maiden should really be Opening up
      for DIO
      I wish it was Saxon Dio Maiden personally
      but motorhead would be My other Choice
      I love motorhead to DEAF
      ahhahaha
      Keep it real
      and Catdeli you and I will meet at the centrum before the show.
      HOpe fully.
      Will you be at the Perth anvil show next week?
      I will be.
    • glabrek
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 14 6:29 AM
        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "xcygnusxyyzx"
        <xcygnusxyyzx@y...> wrote:
        > yeah I didnt like ANGRY MACHINES as well
        > I sold that album along with strange Highways
        > and Magica to afford a Dio Ticket with
        > DOUG ALDRICH on Guitars that guy knows how to
        > Rock and he fit in.

        Aldrich is a great player for sure. But Magica and Strange Highways
        (most of it) are fine Dio albums for me.

        > Cant wait to see the tour
        > But maiden should really be Opening up
        > for DIO
        > I wish it was Saxon Dio Maiden personally

        Hell!! I'd prefer Saxon big time too. Maiden/Dio/Saxon would have
        been a dream tour for me. I'm a big Saxon fan, their latest 3 or 4
        albums are my faves from them (even though I like the classic early
        stuff). But I never had the chance to see Saxon live. I'm still
        hoping they could get a tour opening for a bigger act (maybe with
        the reunited Priest next year?).

        > but motorhead would be My other Choice
        > I love motorhead to DEAF
        > ahhahaha

        I like some Motorhead, but I'm not too big a fan. Bastards is a
        killer album and their best by far IMO.

        Guillaume
      • glabrek
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 14 6:37 AM
          > Hey Guillaume, great post! I bought that "One Night In The
          Jungle"
          > also. I was disappointed because of the melodic, non-Rods style. I
          > think he should have stuck to the hard rockin because it certainly
          > did not sell more copies by trying to be commercial. Well, I filed
          it
          > on my shelf but maybe I will get it out and try again.

          ---ONitJ surely doesn't sound like The Rods, but more like a heavier
          Rainbow or Purple, but that's not a problem for me. I like the
          album, but think it could have used a couple more up-tempo songs, as
          most are played at the same slow-to-mid tempo. Some faster stuff
          would have been great. But that "problem" will be fixed with the new
          CD as it seems.

          If I had to
          > pick just one, I think my favorite RODS album was either the 1st or
          > Let Them Eat Metal. I spent many nights playing drums along with
          that
          > one(LTEM). Where do they have samples of the new stuff?

          ---Check out the samples at http://www.rockfeinstein.com/

          ---Let them Eat Metal is another excellent album for them. In fact,
          all are very good to excellent I think.

          > And also Yes Yes Yes Dio's Angry Machines: NO NO NO!!! Ha! Boy, I
          > thought that one blew big time. I saw that tour but I went to see
          > Motorhead open and I left early during Dio's set,,guitarist just
          did
          > not fit them.

          ---Agreed. It was a real pain to see Tracy G butchering all the
          classic Dio stuff. I was really glad when he left. But I still
          think the Strange Highways album where he plays is good.

          > And don't forget, MOTORHEAD is playing also with Maiden and Dio!!
          > Jeesh! hehehe....

          ---Well, I'm not that thrilled to see them, but it will be cool
          anyway. I'll make sure not to forget the earplugs cause Motorhead
          plays LOUD...

          ---Guillaume