Re: DIO / The RODS / (NAC)...

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 13, 2003
      Hey Guillaume, great post! I bought that "One Night In The Jungle"
      also. I was disappointed because of the melodic, non-Rods style. I
      think he should have stuck to the hard rockin because it certainly
      did not sell more copies by trying to be commercial. Well, I filed it
      on my shelf but maybe I will get it out and try again. If I had to
      pick just one, I think my favorite RODS album was either the 1st or
      Let Them Eat Metal. I spent many nights playing drums along with that
      one(LTEM). Where do they have samples of the new stuff?
      And also Yes Yes Yes Dio's Angry Machines: NO NO NO!!! Ha! Boy, I
      thought that one blew big time. I saw that tour but I went to see
      Motorhead open and I left early during Dio's set,,guitarist just did
      not fit them.
      And don't forget, MOTORHEAD is playing also with Maiden and Dio!!
      Jeesh! hehehe....

      Deaf forever,
      catdeli
    • xcygnusxyyzx
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 13, 2003
        yeah I didnt like ANGRY MACHINES as well
        I sold that album along with strange Highways
        and Magica to afford a Dio Ticket with
        DOUG ALDRICH on Guitars that guy knows how to
        Rock and he fit in.
        Cant wait to see the tour
        But maiden should really be Opening up
        for DIO
        I wish it was Saxon Dio Maiden personally
        but motorhead would be My other Choice
        I love motorhead to DEAF
        ahhahaha
        Keep it real
        and Catdeli you and I will meet at the centrum before the show.
        HOpe fully.
        Will you be at the Perth anvil show next week?
        I will be.
      • glabrek
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 14, 2003
          --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "xcygnusxyyzx"
          <xcygnusxyyzx@y...> wrote:
          > yeah I didnt like ANGRY MACHINES as well
          > I sold that album along with strange Highways
          > and Magica to afford a Dio Ticket with
          > DOUG ALDRICH on Guitars that guy knows how to
          > Rock and he fit in.

          Aldrich is a great player for sure. But Magica and Strange Highways
          (most of it) are fine Dio albums for me.

          > Cant wait to see the tour
          > But maiden should really be Opening up
          > for DIO
          > I wish it was Saxon Dio Maiden personally

          Hell!! I'd prefer Saxon big time too. Maiden/Dio/Saxon would have
          been a dream tour for me. I'm a big Saxon fan, their latest 3 or 4
          albums are my faves from them (even though I like the classic early
          stuff). But I never had the chance to see Saxon live. I'm still
          hoping they could get a tour opening for a bigger act (maybe with
          the reunited Priest next year?).

          > but motorhead would be My other Choice
          > I love motorhead to DEAF
          > ahhahaha

          I like some Motorhead, but I'm not too big a fan. Bastards is a
          killer album and their best by far IMO.

          Guillaume
        • glabrek
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 14, 2003
            > Hey Guillaume, great post! I bought that "One Night In The
            Jungle"
            > also. I was disappointed because of the melodic, non-Rods style. I
            > think he should have stuck to the hard rockin because it certainly
            > did not sell more copies by trying to be commercial. Well, I filed
            it
            > on my shelf but maybe I will get it out and try again.

            ---ONitJ surely doesn't sound like The Rods, but more like a heavier
            Rainbow or Purple, but that's not a problem for me. I like the
            album, but think it could have used a couple more up-tempo songs, as
            most are played at the same slow-to-mid tempo. Some faster stuff
            would have been great. But that "problem" will be fixed with the new
            CD as it seems.

            If I had to
            > pick just one, I think my favorite RODS album was either the 1st or
            > Let Them Eat Metal. I spent many nights playing drums along with
            that
            > one(LTEM). Where do they have samples of the new stuff?

            ---Check out the samples at http://www.rockfeinstein.com/

            ---Let them Eat Metal is another excellent album for them. In fact,
            all are very good to excellent I think.

            > And also Yes Yes Yes Dio's Angry Machines: NO NO NO!!! Ha! Boy, I
            > thought that one blew big time. I saw that tour but I went to see
            > Motorhead open and I left early during Dio's set,,guitarist just
            did
            > not fit them.

            ---Agreed. It was a real pain to see Tracy G butchering all the
            classic Dio stuff. I was really glad when he left. But I still
            think the Strange Highways album where he plays is good.

            > And don't forget, MOTORHEAD is playing also with Maiden and Dio!!
            > Jeesh! hehehe....

            ---Well, I'm not that thrilled to see them, but it will be cool
            anyway. I'll make sure not to forget the earplugs cause Motorhead
            plays LOUD...

            ---Guillaume