1987 Advertisement in the Files

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2003
      I found A Metal Blade/AnViL magazine ad for "Strength Of Steel" and
      put it in the files if anyone wants to look. From Creem Close Up:
      Metal, Oct. '87 issue.

      catdeli
    • Elaine
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2003
        I appreciated some tunes on SoS, I like them a lot. But, I heard them
        so many times in the bars (they played those songs around 2 or 3
        years in the bars before to record), that I didn't have any surprise
        when they released it. I can't pretend that Anvil at the time, was
        the most "unified" band around. It's not SoS that made me unsatisfied
        (at the moment), it's this bad period of time for Anvil.

        After that with PfP, well it's not my fault if I don't like Speed
        Metal. Lips was singing agressive...I dunno. Worth the Weight, I
        loved the sound! But it was so different from the real Anvil...for
        me.

        Is the Future NOW? I think so. I think the four guys are going great
        and I'm happy that I'm going to have a surprise for the next album.
        Yup, FUTURE IS NOW.....it was not in 1987.

        I change my topic (sorry): who use Explorer 6 here, and who use
        Netscape 7.1? I had crap with Explorer 6, you don't know how! I've
        installed all the jeez patches, and it made me bug one time on two. I
        decided to download Netscape and I was astonished of the speed I
        could get! How "easy" it was to use! I have ADSL, but now: it's more
        than fast! I can't take a sip of coffee between two pages! They offer
        two mail accounts: one for your provider, and one tatata.netscape.net
        (in the same box)and a password reminder that belongs to the
        browswer.Bye Bye Explorer! Yahoo works with Windows.....and
        this "holy" Windows doesn't recognize my ID or password. I have to
        wait to get mail on Yahoo Messenger to have access to my mail
        (Viarge!). I edited my membership and changed my email for this
        group.Woooooooof!

        Tange :)