Re: BLACK FLAG

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2003

      Hey, I used to play in a local men's hockey league(high-scoring
      center, #8)and on the way to our games I would crank Circle Jerks in
      the car to get psyched. It worked! I can't even remember the titles
      but there were a couple I would always play, "Susan's Killing Mel"
      is that the title of one? Can't find the tape right now. That tour is
      coming here on the 21 of July. I think I got to see Rollins on a
      Lollapalooza way back. AnViL/Aerosmith tour:SAW IT! Ha! Do you ever
      listen to a freakin' GREAT Boston band, Gang Green??? Super stuff and
      The Bags from the late 80's..love their shit!!

      Ciao, baby,
      catdeli
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 16, 2003
        He should tell why he asked you that...If there's a lot of good show around your place, well Perth is far from Mass. and far from here too. I wonder if to play in Ontario only is a choice or if it just happened like that. They completely stopped to go in USA, I don't know if it's because of the pissports or something else.

        Enjoy the shows Dan!

        Tange :)

        xcygnusxyyzx <xcygnusxyyzx@...> wrote:
        well im off to see black flag tonight,
        Im gonna enjoy this a lot.
        Hey guess what lips asked if I was at
        aerosmith / anvil in 81' haha.
        I wont be able to make it to the perth show
        im sorry, im gonna go to one in august. The
        reason im not going is because on july 16th
        Circle jerks and gbh and someother bands are
        playing in new york city, so im driving down there
        then on the 19th the same show is playing in worcester massachusetts
        with circle jerks gbh murphys law, and ateam. Sorry
        but ive been a jerk for a third of my life and I cant miss
        these shows.
        Im out. adios dudes

      • glabrek
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 17, 2003
          --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, catdeli <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > Hey, I used to play in a local men's hockey league(high-scoring
          > center, #8)and on the way to our games I would crank Circle Jerks
          in
          > the car to get psyched. It worked! I can't even remember the titles
          > but there were a couple I would always play, "Susan's Killing Mel"
          > is that the title of one? Can't find the tape right now. That tour
          is
          > coming here on the 21 of July. I think I got to see Rollins on a
          > Lollapalooza way back. AnViL/Aerosmith tour:SAW IT! Ha! Do you ever
          > listen to a freakin' GREAT Boston band, Gang Green??? Super stuff
          and
          > The Bags from the late 80's..love their shit!!
          >
          > Ciao, baby,
          > catdeli

          Hi there,

          I used to dig Circle Jerks a lot when I was on my hardcore trip. The
          albums "VII" and "Wild In The Streets" were very good. I saw them
          live in Montreal with 7 Seconds opening in 1989 or so. Hell, when I
          was in my hardcore band, we even opened for 7 Seconds in Quebec
          City...They were a cool band. Their cover of Luba's '99 Redballoons'
          was great.

          Used to like Gang Green too. My friends were very close to bring
          them to Quebec City (with us opening) at the end of the 80s...I used
          to like Bad Religion a lot too, a lot before they got they big
          contract with the big label....

          Well it's already been a long time ago...Not very much into hardcore
          anymore, just good heavy metal. \m/ \m/

          Guillaume