Re: [Academy of Anvil] Re: As I was leaving!!!

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2003
      Hello .com from Regina! Yess, we all know Jeff...a really good guy. If someone got "Metal for breakfeast", would it be possible to post the songs and the bands that figure on it? I remember that I saw the album in the stores, but I didn't buy it. I guess I didn't cos a band I couldn't stand was on it. Something like Quiet Riot or .... anyway.

      Tony, you amaze me. I'm so glad you decided to "choose the members". How many "fake fans" do we have here? I was on a forum at metalforum.com and the topic was something like "Do you know any Canadian bands?". Crypto..., Obli....., (When you want to touch a large public, you choose a name that everyone can spell, ha?). Someone mentionned Anvil and ask about infos about them, another answered "I heard about them but..." I couldn't believe it, I told myself this forum must be Russian! I logged, I chose a marmot for my "avatar" (lol) and paste the small bio, adding that they were still running and recording after 23 years! http://www.metalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2492&perpage=10&pagenumber=3

      I mean, how can it be! Anvil started to play in Quebec area in a Hotel at L�vis, I heard of them by a guy in my College. In 1980, they started to play in Electric Cercle, and it changes completely people music's orientation.

      Everyone began to have long curly hair, leather coat, buying Judas Priest and Scorpions.....and "LIPS" at the entry of the bar. LIPS's style (cos they were not Anvil yet) stopped the prog wave, and started the metal in my town. In 1981, we began to have shows like April Wine, Marino...hard rock, yunno. When they released "MoM" and became ANVIL, we had in 1982 : Judas Priest, Scorpions, Rainbow, Iron Maiden (they opened for them), Ozzy, Krokus, Def Leppard (???), and many others followed. I heard "Mothra" the first time at the Circle, but I really listen to it live at "Le Cabaret Royal" in Beauport, at the Fall 1981. I couldn't believe it! I was hypnotized by Lips and Robb during the "what can we doooooo...". Drum beat and guitar rythm. That's why it's my favorite song, it reminds me good musical emotions.

      It is wrong to think about Canadian metal without thinking about ANVIL first. I was there, I saw what happened and I like only the REAL things. Anvil is a "real" band. When we say "Pionners", it is the right word. They gave the taste with their own music to listen to Heavy metal, everywhere they went in the early 80's. They went almost everywhere. I'm insulted when people just follow what the others listen to. Dan the pal got taste and I wonder where he is. He's a young man but he doesn't follow, he likes what he likes.Only real fans should be here. For those who skipped to Black or Death metal...it is not their place.

      Thank you Tony, to be a good moderator.

      .com, you see that you're not the only one that writes long message, ha?

      Tange :0)

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2003
        I have it on cassette and vinyl....I will post the tracklist when I
        get home later today.