Anvil on the web...

  • Elaine
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3 5:30 PM
      I use Google most of the time for my searches. I just tried to find
      new stuff on Anvil, but the "HiC" is that there are so many companies
      that got Anvil in their names...I had to wear my glasses. I found a
      site where we are supposed to hear Backwaxed, but my Media Player
      didn't play. No Tony, I don't have this one. I was curious to hear
      it.I found something about Killer Dwarfs, and I have to say that I've
      never listened to their stuff. Too hairy it's worst than not
      enough...I remember their name (nothing more), I don't know if they
      still play. Here it is:

      "With only three original tunes in their repertoire, Tom Williams of
      Attic Records signed the band because he liked their lighthearted
      attitude. The band demoed material with Chris Tsangeriadis, but after
      a falling out between Attic Records and the producer on an Anvil
      project, the Killer Dwarfs' self-titled debut was produced by
      relative unknown Doug Hill in 1983."

      I also found a short and sweet "BIO":

      "Biography: In the early '80s, the Canadian heavy metal band Anvil
      made an impact on the developing speed metal scene. Their first three
      albums featured some mind-boggling technically advanced metal at a
      previously unheard-of speed -- sound for the sake of sound, not
      songs. After releasing their third album in 1983, the band sank into
      a mire of legal and creative problems where their accomplishments and
      popularity were eclipsed by the bands that defined speed and thrash
      metal -- Metallica, Slayer, and Megadeth -- among other lesser-knowns
      who were all in debt to Anvil's previous work. After two marginally
      successful comeback albums in 1987 and 1988, guitarist Dave Allison
      left and the band effectively quit recording. ~ Stephen Thomas
      Erlewine, All Music Guide".

      This is the BIO that I'm going to put on my page, and I will continue
      where's the guy stopped, lol. Cos, after Dave has been gone it was a
      new start, and a good start. I'm looking for audio clips, but it
      sounds like s..t. I think I will have to begin by a listing of the
      songs linked on Tony's lyrics :) What would I do without you?

      I changed my guestbook, there's nothing free on the web anymore :( So
      if you got the time, please sign my small site: www.anvil.mysite.ws

      Like Ozzy says "I love ya allllllllll, don't drive if you drank!"

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3 8:46 PM
        > I found a
        > site where we are supposed to hear Backwaxed, but my Media Player
        > didn't play. No Tony, I don't have this one.

        I tried to find it but was unsuccessful. If you happen to find it
        again let me know. I'd like to link to it from the Anvil homepage.

        > "With only three original tunes in their repertoire, Tom Williams of
        > Attic Records signed the band because he liked their lighthearted
        > attitude. The band demoed material with Chris Tsangeriadis, but after
        > a falling out between Attic Records and the producer on an Anvil
        > project, the Killer Dwarfs' self-titled debut was produced by
        > relative unknown Doug Hill in 1983."

        Cool story.....I did not know that.

        > I also found a short and sweet "BIO":
        >
        > "Biography: In the early '80s, the Canadian heavy metal band Anvil
        > successful comeback albums in 1987 and 1988, guitarist Dave Allison
        > left and the band effectively quit recording. ~ Stephen Thomas
        > Erlewine, All Music Guide".

        This "bio" has been around for years.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4 4:04 AM
          I know Tony; this is an old bio, but I like the way he expressed it. I will need your help and Catdeli's help, cos I want to continue this bio until 2003, in a short way to put on the fansite.

          Tony and Backwaxed.....sure I will try to find it right now.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4 4:44 AM
            tgalloca <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            "I tried to find it but was unsuccessful. If you happen to find it
            again let me know. I'd like to link to it from the Anvil homepage."

            OOOH! I guess you tried to find it and browsed the pages, jeez. Last night I found it with the key words "Anvil album audio clip" and it was the second option in my list...but this morning, I can't find it! :) I will try to remember the site or to try another way...tonite, I'm going to be late!