Re: Hey me agian dude

    Message 1 of 3 , May 29 4:05 AM
      You do not need a passport to travel between Canada and the US.

      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "xcygnusxyyzx"
      Message 2 of 3 , May 29 6:10 AM
        In fact, we don't need it... US people don't have any problem to spend a week or few days...or their whole life here! But for Canadians going to US, US border's agents ask a birth certificate and ID card (license to drive). If you need a Visa (more than 30 days), you better get a passport. A passport is an official paper from the government and right now, American's govt is under an orange alert.

        The SARS caused 2 deaths last night, they closed the borders to Canadians from Toronto. Borders for NY State are heavier than the other states. Americans treat us now like foreigners and not like neighbours. It depends of the agent that you treat with...Once, one of them asked me some very undiscreet questions. Nothing to do with my vacation.

        American people doesn't like this way to treat Canadian people, cos they will loose a lot with the tourism. They don't like to know that we are considered like foreigners...But they are not responsible of this paranoia that comes from their whole govt. Same thing here...sometimes we are not agree with our govt, but what can we do?

        Tange :(