Re: Hello Guillaume!

    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2003
      Yes, yes, let me also add how great it was to join with the Quebec
      Metal Horde this weekend at the AnViL concert in Quebec City! The
      Academy was well represented on this night. I had a blast meeting you
      all, chatting about favorite bands and hoisting some ales in honour
      of AnViL. I got into town on Saturday and found out that the club was
      only a few blocks away from my hotel-excellent! Sunday was warm(?)
      and sunny and everybody was out in the streets; a festival, for sure!
      As I strolled along, I passed the club and saw Lips and G5 outside
      waiting for the others to arrive with the gear. Ivan was driving and
      had Robb as navigator, so they zipped into a "Police Only" parking
      spot! Now we all hurried to unload the gear before the constables
      arrived. I was doing ok, the drums were not heavy but then I got
      ahold of one of Lips' guitar amps...BIG mistake! The heaviest amp I
      have ever moved~~I almost had a stroke climbing the long flight of
      stairs to the bar.
      We all witnessed another superb show from the guys, of course.
      They make the hardest stuff look so easy. Excuse me while I pitch my
      drumsticks across the room. After seeing Mr. Reiner in action again,
      I surrender! This was an enthusiastic bunch there to see them, long-
      time fans mixing with the new arrivals, seeing the band in top form
      on this night! All gathered around to get stuff signed and a lot of
      pics were taken. A big family? Sure! A return to QC in the future? A
      Quebec MetalFest this Summer? Let's all keep our fingers crossed for
      that to happen.
      Guillaume(not a Tesla fan? Come on! ;D), Tange(you rocked-nice
      posters!), Guy(photographer par excellence!) and Tom(speaking English
      for me-thanks!) very nice to meet you all and let's do it again soon!
      Now I'm off to get my photos developed, no digital cam for me yet.
      I will post them tomorrow!

      Salut AnViL!
      catdeli