Re: Quebec City Gig!

  • glabrek
    Message 1 of 2 , May 12 6:08 PM
      Hi Tange,

      This was indeed a great show. I was very happy to have made it to the
      Arlequin. A small crowd, but very enthusiastic, and just cool Anvil
      (and heavy metal) fans. Lips and the whole band still got the metal
      fire burning in their souls...

      That was cool to meet you, CatDeli and the other people too, which I
      forget the names right now. Hope to see you again in the future.

      Guillaume

      P.S. The only little bummer of the show is that I'd have liked it to
      be longer (they played around 1H20 or so). I would also have loved
      to hear a track like Scenery, as well as a couple more from the
      excellent new CD, Still Going Strong. But it kicked ass anyway.

      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "tangelaine2000"
      <tangelaine2000@y...> wrote:
      > What a show!
      >
      > I knew that the bar owner didn't promote AT ALL the show. And when
      > show like Anvil is a Sunday night, you have to promote it. You have
      > to make a 2/1 on the beer or a lady's night....cos people work the
      > Monday (If you want guys, you attract the girls with a lady's
      night)!
      > This guy doesn't have his master in marketing.
      >
      > BUT...all people that were there knew Anvil, loved Anvil and were
      > glad to see them again! It showed...People, yound and older...sang,
      > screamed and were banging head. I met some guys, we exchanged our
      > emails cos we want to try to do a "Razor, Annihilator, Anvil" at
      The
      > Durocher Center, The Marcoux Center or the Municipal Stadium , open
      > air. We had a lot of ideas but we will need a sponsor. But....who
      > knows? It was clear last night that Anvil wasn't forgotten in
      Quebec
      > City and that Ivan and G5 were well appreciated. "Forged in Fire"
      > was better than ever. Hey! Winged Assasins!!!! G5 kicked ass! Let
      me
      > tell you, this song doesn't sound as well as that on the album. I
      > was able to see Robb plays (amazing drummer!)...this song is a
      > master piece for me.
      >
      > After "Forged in Fire", all Anvil's guys received a glass of
      cognac.
      > Some offered them some weed.....lol. Lips couldn't refuse,
      but "after
      > the show" he said (his voice). And his voice was GREAT, the
      > guitar......as usual: perfect! Ivan is amazing too. He's got a
      sense
      > of synchronism very developed and he plays guitar an excellent way.
      > It must be for this reason that a gorgeous blondie was making him a
      > very "explicit" dance just in front the stage. Quebec's women are
      hot!
      > Anvil opened a door coming back in Quebec City. The difference
      > between Quebec City and Montreal is that Quebec is a big village.
      > People talk talk talk. They played like they always play...it was
      > GREAT! People sang "Metal on Metal", lol.
      >
      > Tyler, Robb's son was there. He looks like his father, my god! He
      > seems to be a very good kid, he was selling T-shirts and CDs. A lot
      > of pictures with Lips, Robb....signed for many drummers. They will
      > come back, and in a bigger place, with the publicity that they
      > deserve.
      >
      > It's just a beginning!
      >
      > Élaine (Tange)
      >
      > FOR ALL THOSE WHO WERE THERE AND READ THIS BOARD: IF YOU HAVE SOME
      > PICS OF THIS GIG OR PICS WITH LIPS HOLDING THE "LIPS" ALBUM, CAN
      YOU
      > SCAN THEM AND POST IT TO TONY GALLO, PLEASE.
      >
      > À TOUS CEUX QUI ÉTAIENT PRÉSENTS ET QUI LISENT CE BABILLARD: SI
      VOUS