Quebec City Gig!

    Message 1 of 2 , May 12, 2003
      What a show!

      I knew that the bar owner didn't promote AT ALL the show. And when a
      show like Anvil is a Sunday night, you have to promote it. You have
      to make a 2/1 on the beer or a lady's night....cos people work the
      Monday (If you want guys, you attract the girls with a lady's night)!
      This guy doesn't have his master in marketing.

      BUT...all people that were there knew Anvil, loved Anvil and were
      glad to see them again! It showed...People, yound and older...sang,
      screamed and were banging head. I met some guys, we exchanged our
      emails cos we want to try to do a "Razor, Annihilator, Anvil" at The
      Durocher Center, The Marcoux Center or the Municipal Stadium , open
      air. We had a lot of ideas but we will need a sponsor. But....who
      knows? It was clear last night that Anvil wasn't forgotten in Quebec
      City and that Ivan and G5 were well appreciated. "Forged in Fire"
      was better than ever. Hey! Winged Assasins!!!! G5 kicked ass! Let me
      tell you, this song doesn't sound as well as that on the album. I
      was able to see Robb plays (amazing drummer!)...this song is a
      master piece for me.

      After "Forged in Fire", all Anvil's guys received a glass of cognac.
      Some offered them some weed.....lol. Lips couldn't refuse, but "after
      the show" he said (his voice). And his voice was GREAT, the
      guitar......as usual: perfect! Ivan is amazing too. He's got a sense
      of synchronism very developed and he plays guitar an excellent way.
      It must be for this reason that a gorgeous blondie was making him a
      very "explicit" dance just in front the stage. Quebec's women are hot!
      Anvil opened a door coming back in Quebec City. The difference
      between Quebec City and Montreal is that Quebec is a big village.
      People talk talk talk. They played like they always play...it was
      GREAT! People sang "Metal on Metal", lol.

      Tyler, Robb's son was there. He looks like his father, my god! He
      seems to be a very good kid, he was selling T-shirts and CDs. A lot
      of pictures with Lips, Robb....signed for many drummers. They will
      come back, and in a bigger place, with the publicity that they
      deserve.

      It's just a beginning!

      Élaine (Tange)

      FOR ALL THOSE WHO WERE THERE AND READ THIS BOARD: IF YOU HAVE SOME
      PICS OF THIS GIG OR PICS WITH LIPS HOLDING THE "LIPS" ALBUM, CAN YOU
      SCAN THEM AND POST IT TO TONY GALLO, PLEASE.

      À TOUS CEUX QUI ÉTAIENT PRÉSENTS ET QUI LISENT CE BABILLARD: SI VOUS
      DÉTENEZ DES PHOTOS DE CE SHOW OU DES PHOTOS AVEC LIPS TENANT
      L'ALBUM "LIPS", POUVEZ-VOUS LES SCANNER ET LES POSTER À TONY GALLO,
      SVP.

      OFFICIAL HOMEPAGE: www.anvilmetal.tk
    • glabrek
      Message 2 of 2 , May 12, 2003
        Hi Tange,

        This was indeed a great show. I was very happy to have made it to the
        Arlequin. A small crowd, but very enthusiastic, and just cool Anvil
        (and heavy metal) fans. Lips and the whole band still got the metal
        fire burning in their souls...

        That was cool to meet you, CatDeli and the other people too, which I
        forget the names right now. Hope to see you again in the future.

        Guillaume

        P.S. The only little bummer of the show is that I'd have liked it to
        be longer (they played around 1H20 or so). I would also have loved
        to hear a track like Scenery, as well as a couple more from the
        excellent new CD, Still Going Strong. But it kicked ass anyway.

        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "tangelaine2000"