Re: [Academy of Anvil] Re: The Quebec City show... - English

    Message 1 of 6 , May 8, 2003
      You'll find a babysitter man, cos if you want to see Anvil at "their top" it's now or maybe never. Quebec City doesn't have any "real" bar for the sound that they have. The Arlequin is maybe 1/3 of the Bar Rock Rive-Sud. If you have some old friends that used to go with you, maybe one of the mother can take care of the kids? Anvil began to play in 1979 in St-Henri-de-L�vis (now called L�vis) in a Hotel. They played in Quebec City and a lot on your side. The proof of it, they will play at Rimouski on May 9. They are known on the both sides of the River. You have to be there, if Anvil can open the doors to other good shows... it would be great ha? I was so glad that someone from my area wrote, that I didn't realize that I was writing in French :) For the 90's album, and Still going Strong: I must say that music taste are probably regional...cos I feel the same about their stuff. My opinion is that they feel more comfortable playing stuff like SGS than Speed Metal. Lips goes around the floor before a show, go to talk to him he will be so happy...Try to be there man. August First: Motorhead, Dio and Maiden at the Colis�e!Tange :)

      glabrek <glabrek@...> wrote:--- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "tangelaine2000"
      <tangelaine2000@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Guillaume! The Bar Rock Rive-Sud! My God, with the dancers just
      > over..It's been a long time. There's no band with Anvil, and when
      you
      > will see them, that you'll hear them�you'll understand why. The new
      > bassist G5 and Ivan Hurd make a big difference. It's not the same
      > band that in 1987. They really kick ass! Lips and Reiner�it's hell!
      > The drum solo is something that will make you fall on your ass. No
      > need for another band. The playlist contains a lot of Metal on
      > Metal , Forged in Fire songs�It's super to see them. I saw them at
      > the Medley in November 2002. Lips didn't get old at all, the old
      > wolfe!
      >
      > Tange
      >
      > P.S. It's 8$ to enter. I'll put the URL to see the poster in LINKS.

      Salut Tange,

      Guess we'd better write in English, so others can understand...Thanks
      for the infos, I looked at the poster. I really hope to be able to
      make it on Sunday, the thing is that my wife is working on that
      night, so I need to get someone to take care of my 2 daughters if I
      wanna go...

      I'm glad to hear they play lots of older stuff. Metal On Metal is my
      fave Anvil album for sure. I have to say that I wasn't too crazy
      about most of the 90s albums, but I really like the new one, Still
      Going Strong, which is more in the style of the early Anvil, while
      sounding heavier...

      Regards,

      Guillaume

      Message 2 of 6 , May 8, 2003
        Maybe they did some changed (I wish they would play Winged Assasins),
        but it was the playlist of the show that I saw...and enjoyed!

        March of the crabs
        Jackhammer
        Smoking green
        Don't ask me