The Quebec City show...

  • glabrek
    Message 1 of 6 , May 7, 2003
      Hi guys,

      I'm thinking of going to the show at L'Arlequin in Quebec City on
      Sunday May 11th. Does anyone know if there are other bands playing
      too? How much are the tix? What time are Anvil going to play at?

      I haven't seen Anvil live since like 1986 or 1987 at the sadly now
      defunct Bar Rock Rive-Sud in St.Romuald (on the south shore of Quebec
      City). Was a fine show!!

      Thanks.

      Guillaume

        Message 3 of 6 , May 7, 2003
          Hi Guillaume! The Bar Rock Rive-Sud! My God, with the dancers just
          over..It's been a long time. There's no band with Anvil, and when you
          will see them, that you'll hear them…you'll understand why. The new
          bassist G5 and Ivan Hurd make a big difference. It's not the same
          band that in 1987. They really kick ass! Lips and Reiner…it's hell!
          The drum solo is something that will make you fall on your ass. No
          need for another band. The playlist contains a lot of Metal on
          Metal , Forged in Fire songs…It's super to see them. I saw them at
          the Medley in November 2002. Lips didn't get old at all, the old
          wolfe!

          Tange

          P.S. It's 8$ to enter. I'll put the URL to see the poster in LINKS.

          --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "glabrek" <glabrek@v...> wrote:
          > Hi guys,
          >
          > I'm thinking of going to the show at L'Arlequin in Quebec City on
          > Sunday May 11th. Does anyone know if there are other bands playing
          > too? How much are the tix? What time are Anvil going to play at?
          >
          > I haven't seen Anvil live since like 1986 or 1987 at the sadly now
          > defunct Bar Rock Rive-Sud in St.Romuald (on the south shore of
          Quebec
          > City). Was a fine show!!
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > Guillaume
        • glabrek
          Message 4 of 6 , May 8, 2003
            --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "tangelaine2000"
            <tangelaine2000@y...> wrote:
            > Hi Guillaume! The Bar Rock Rive-Sud! My God, with the dancers just
            > over..It's been a long time. There's no band with Anvil, and when
            you
            > will see them, that you'll hear them…you'll understand why. The new
            > bassist G5 and Ivan Hurd make a big difference. It's not the same
            > band that in 1987. They really kick ass! Lips and Reiner…it's hell!
            > The drum solo is something that will make you fall on your ass. No
            > need for another band. The playlist contains a lot of Metal on
            > Metal , Forged in Fire songs…It's super to see them. I saw them at
            > the Medley in November 2002. Lips didn't get old at all, the old
            > wolfe!
            >
            > Tange
            >
            > P.S. It's 8$ to enter. I'll put the URL to see the poster in LINKS.

            Salut Tange,

            Guess we'd better write in English, so others can understand...Thanks
            for the infos, I looked at the poster. I really hope to be able to
            make it on Sunday, the thing is that my wife is working on that
            night, so I need to get someone to take care of my 2 daughters if I
            wanna go...

            I'm glad to hear they play lots of older stuff. Metal On Metal is my
            fave Anvil album for sure. I have to say that I wasn't too crazy
            about most of the 90s albums, but I really like the new one, Still
            Going Strong, which is more in the style of the early Anvil, while
            sounding heavier...

            Regards,

            Guillaume
            Message 5 of 6 , May 8, 2003
              You'll find a babysitter man, cos if you want to see Anvil at "their top" it's now or maybe never. Quebec City doesn't have any "real" bar for the sound that they have. The Arlequin is maybe 1/3 of the Bar Rock Rive-Sud. If you have some old friends that used to go with you, maybe one of the mother can take care of the kids? Anvil began to play in 1979 in St-Henri-de-L�vis (now called L�vis) in a Hotel. They played in Quebec City and a lot on your side. The proof of it, they will play at Rimouski on May 9. They are known on the both sides of the River. You have to be there, if Anvil can open the doors to other good shows... it would be great ha? I was so glad that someone from my area wrote, that I didn't realize that I was writing in French :) For the 90's album, and Still going Strong: I must say that music taste are probably regional...cos I feel the same about their stuff. My opinion is that they feel more comfortable playing stuff like SGS than Speed Metal. Lips goes around the floor before a show, go to talk to him he will be so happy...Try to be there man. August First: Motorhead, Dio and Maiden at the Colis�e!Tange :)

              glabrek <glabrek@...> wrote:--- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "tangelaine2000"

              Message 6 of 6 , May 8, 2003
                Maybe they did some changed (I wish they would play Winged Assasins),
                but it was the playlist of the show that I saw...and enjoyed!

                March of the crabs
                Jackhammer
                Smoking green
                Don't ask me