Re: [Academy of Anvil] Re: Legend...

    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 7:05 AM
      There's a couple of Anvil's songs where I can find a "prog" mood. "March of the Crabs" is the first, by the changes of the melodies and the guitar solos. "Winged Assasins" by the sounds, the concept, the echo in the voice. This song makes me the same effect that "Watcher of the skies" from early Genesis. I mean by that, that listening to the melodies: I know the action is in the air not on earth (No lyrics, I need to read them to understand an English song). How? Souds effect, melody and good recording (We all know about "Forged in Fire" recording"s conditions, but "Winged Assasins" is excellent +, well recorded and a classic for me). Metallica in their early years (Cos, there was a time when they were great..."Ride the lightning") introduced some prog also in their melodies. "From whom the bells tolls" is not like "Escape" (Escape is power metal). I don't think Lips or Robb listened to progressive music, but it must be in a musician's soul to create something unusual, something that makes effect. That's why I liked "The Creep"...or "Concrete Jungle". It is unusual. Anvil is an unusual band, anyway :) ** I'm warning LIPS here. If you want to go to do some shopping at Place Laurier on Saturday 9, it changed a lot since 1984! Now, you have 2 shopping centers (enormous) beside and they are almost linked. Stay all together and get a map! tange :)