Your opinion about...

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2003
      ...the mp3 I uploaded in the files. I was so amazed to hear that! I
      first thought it was "Power metal", because it was heavy and melodic.
      Then, I heard the singer that reminded me Alice Cooper...a lot! The
      voice is tricked but it makes a good effect. Until the middle of the
      song, I thought it was a "Power metal" band. Whoops, I heard
      something that sounded like "Old YES", I had a doubt. Prog metal?
      It's not just that we hear only about Rush as a prog band. When I
      heard this song (I don't want to give any info), I made a connection
      with metal immediately. Is progressive music is taking some ideas on
      metal?

      Please LIPS, Catdeli, Slugguit....Shhhht! I would be interested to
      hear Tony or Dan about it. What band do you think is it? The mp3 is
      in Files, names unknown.mp3 (4 megs)

      Thank you :)

      Tange
    • slugguit
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 26, 2003
        He he he - I won't tell, Tange, but the main guitarist and leader has
        been playing "heavy" when he wants for very many years, even going
        back to his first album with this famous band :)

        Talk soon, Jerry

        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "tangelaine2000"
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 26, 2003
          Thanks Jerry to not tell. I saw him once live, playing...at the Café
          Campus in 1978 (???) It was weird, but he's a great guitarist in his
          style. The drummer on this album is great too, he's my favorite of
          all time...with Reiner(no doubt) ! They got similar ways sometimes.

          Come on garls! Open your mind, listen to it and tell what you think.
          Tony doesn't like prog I think? I would like to know if he likes this
          song...Dan? Butterbust? Saxon_Maniac?

          Anyway, you can't say the tune is not good.

          I repeat, the mp3 is in "Files".

          Tange