Re: [Academy of Anvil] Re: Hey everyone

    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 10, 2003
      Hey Dan,
      I don't know what is a "pal" I mean, I don't know the meaning of it. But, you can be sure that LIPS doesn't need a email from you to take you backstage if you go to Perth this summer! He will be so happy you made all this road to see Anvil. I write to him, but he doesn't have always the time to answer...or he just don't feel for it! LIPS and computers, yunno...just listen to "Computer drone" and you will guess that he prefers to meet people in person, than by a email. I'm not a better friend than other members, its just that we met in the 80's and before Internet exists, I used to write to him (letters to the Anvil Metal Pounders Union) to tell my opinion, or ... to criticize.
      I say directly what I think and Tony too...I think Lips doesn't always like it at first, but he thinks about it, and finally apreciates our opinions (sometimes!). Maybe that's what make you believe that we are "VIP", but for Anvil all fans are VIP. Maybe I'll go to Perth too...I have to see you! Writing in English gives me a weird image, but I'm civilized and I'll be a real mother for you... It's a serious project. I would like to see Captain, Tony too...Mad dog, again! But, I know that Tony lives far from this place (Perth Meltdown is maybe during his holidays).
      Is there an ideal place to have an Anvil show? Is that makable on the web with a webcam, I mean a good webcam..? Kidding LIPS!!
      Tange :0)

      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 10, 2003
        A pal is a friend

        > Hey Dan,
        > I don't know what is a "pal" I mean, I don't know the meaning of it.
      • captain2man
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 11, 2003
          Metal-Fest: There may also be a metal-fest in May....but the March
          Metal Meltdown was this past weekend in Irvington, NJ.

          Saxon: I'll have to check out "Crusader". Thanks for the tip!

          Ken Hensley: That's his first solo album - and I like it a lot,
          actually. It's pretty mellow, compared to what Heep was doing at the
          time...but there's some rocking here & there. Definitely give it a
          few listens to grow on you. If you like it - check out his 2nd solo
          record - 'Eager to Please' - which is even better.

          --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "xcygnusxyyzx"

        • captain2man
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 11, 2003
            No - I'm not in Leftover Crack.

            I'm in Two Man Advantage. Our Coach (real name - Aaron) - played
            drums for them on their European summer tour in 2002, and a few shows
            after that.

            We toured with Leftover Crack in September of 2001, and we've played
            a bunch of shows with them....unfortunately - some stuff happened,
            which I'm not going to air out here (or anywhere else for that
            matter) - and the "friendship" which existed between the two bands
            is, very unfortunately, over.

            I definitely wish them the best, though.