Re: Hey everyone

  • captain2man
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 10 10:34 AM
      1) Early Saxon rules...haven't really heard anything since "Power &
      The Glory"

      2) missed the Jersey metal-fest...how was it?? Nuclear Assault
      played around the block from me last night on L.I. - but at $18 a
      ticket - I had to pass.

      3) I'm a HUGE Uriah Heep fan....what Hensley record did you buy??

      4) Rainbow "Rising" is the BEST Rainbow album....I love that album.
      Definitely a great purchase.

      STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: The new Voivod.

      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "xcygnusxyyzx
      <xcygnusxyyzx@y...>" <xcygnusxyyzx@y...> wrote:
      > Hey guys its your little friend Dan. I just got my DEMON lp. in the
      > mail today its THE UNEXPECTED GUEST anybody hear like NWOBHM cause
      > sure do. I want to email lips directly guys but I dont know his
      email
      > address and He never sees my emails. Id like to be his pal like
      Tange
      > and Tony so when I go see ANvil I can meet the band like some of
      you
      > guys. Thanks for keeping me on this site. And tony if you want to
      > make a trade Im looking for a place to stay in July when anvil play
      > the festival in Ontario.
      > Anybody hear like SAXON!!!!!!!!
      > im going to the new jersey metal fest.
      > To see my favorites DEMON , OVERKILL, and NUCLEAR ASSAULT
      > anyone else going.
      > I bought a KEN HENSLEY Lp.
      > I also bought RAINBOW RISING LP.
      > Im pretty much a vinyl freak nowadays.
      > Hey Tange got any vinyl I can buy off of you?
      > Thats sweet as hell that you went to the HALFORD show, but just
      > imagine going to the one in vegas with Testament Violence and DEATH
      > ANGEL.
      > ADios HOmbres!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • xcygnusxyyzx
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 10 4:16 PM
        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, captain2man <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > 1) Early Saxon rules...haven't really heard anything since "Power
        &
        > The Glory"
        >
        > 2) missed the Jersey metal-fest...how was it?? Nuclear Assault
        > played around the block from me last night on L.I. - but at $18 a
        > ticket - I had to pass.
        >
        > 3) I'm a HUGE Uriah Heep fan....what Hensley record did you buy??
        >
        > 4) Rainbow "Rising" is the BEST Rainbow album....I love that
        album.
        > Definitely a great purchase.
        >

        > STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: The new Voivod.

        Hey captain the metal fest is in may dude.
        I bought Proud Words on a Dusty shelf.
        i drove an hour and a half to see nuclear assault and they cancelled
        but yu should check out Candy Striper death ORgy dude!!!!!!!
        Get SAXON - Crusader!!!!!!!!
        keep on rockin

        > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "xcygnusxyyzx
        > <xcygnusxyyzx@y...>" <xcygnusxyyzx@y...> wrote:
        > > Hey guys its your little friend Dan. I just got my DEMON lp. in
        the
        > > mail today its THE UNEXPECTED GUEST anybody hear like NWOBHM
        cause
        > > sure do. I want to email lips directly guys but I dont know his
        > email
        > > address and He never sees my emails. Id like to be his pal like
        > Tange
        > > and Tony so when I go see ANvil I can meet the band like some of
        > you
        > > guys. Thanks for keeping me on this site. And tony if you want to
        > > make a trade Im looking for a place to stay in July when anvil
        play
        > > the festival in Ontario.
        > > Anybody hear like SAXON!!!!!!!!
        > > im going to the new jersey metal fest.
        > > To see my favorites DEMON , OVERKILL, and NUCLEAR ASSAULT
        > > anyone else going.
        > > I bought a KEN HENSLEY Lp.
        > > I also bought RAINBOW RISING LP.
        > > Im pretty much a vinyl freak nowadays.
        > > Hey Tange got any vinyl I can buy off of you?
        > > Thats sweet as hell that you went to the HALFORD show, but just
        > > imagine going to the one in vegas with Testament Violence and
        DEATH
        > > ANGEL.
        > > ADios HOmbres!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      • xcygnusxyyzx
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 10 4:17 PM
          wrote:
          > 1) Early Saxon rules...haven't really heard anything since "Power
          &
          > The Glory"
          >
          > 2) missed the Jersey metal-fest...how was it?? Nuclear Assault
          > played around the block from me last night on L.I. - but at $18 a
          > ticket - I had to pass.
          >
          > 3) I'm a HUGE Uriah Heep fan....what Hensley record did you buy??
          >
          > 4) Rainbow "Rising" is the BEST Rainbow album....I love that
          album.
          > Definitely a great purchase.
          >

          > STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: The new Voivod.

          Hey captain the metal fest is in may dude.
          I bought Proud Words on a Dusty shelf.
          i drove an hour and a half to see nuclear assault and they cancelled
          but yu should check out Candy Striper death ORgy dude!!!!!!!
          Get SAXON - Crusader!!!!!!!!
          keep on rockin. Also are you in the band LEFTOVER CRACK?

          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 10 5:03 PM
            Hey Dan,
            I don't know what is a "pal" I mean, I don't know the meaning of it. But, you can be sure that LIPS doesn't need a email from you to take you backstage if you go to Perth this summer! He will be so happy you made all this road to see Anvil. I write to him, but he doesn't have always the time to answer...or he just don't feel for it! LIPS and computers, yunno...just listen to "Computer drone" and you will guess that he prefers to meet people in person, than by a email. I'm not a better friend than other members, its just that we met in the 80's and before Internet exists, I used to write to him (letters to the Anvil Metal Pounders Union) to tell my opinion, or ... to criticize.
            I say directly what I think and Tony too...I think Lips doesn't always like it at first, but he thinks about it, and finally apreciates our opinions (sometimes!). Maybe that's what make you believe that we are "VIP", but for Anvil all fans are VIP. Maybe I'll go to Perth too...I have to see you! Writing in English gives me a weird image, but I'm civilized and I'll be a real mother for you... It's a serious project. I would like to see Captain, Tony too...Mad dog, again! But, I know that Tony lives far from this place (Perth Meltdown is maybe during his holidays).
            Is there an ideal place to have an Anvil show? Is that makable on the web with a webcam, I mean a good webcam..? Kidding LIPS!!
            Tange :0)

            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 10 7:56 PM
              A pal is a friend

              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 11 10:15 AM
                Metal-Fest: There may also be a metal-fest in May....but the March
                Metal Meltdown was this past weekend in Irvington, NJ.

                Saxon: I'll have to check out "Crusader". Thanks for the tip!

                Ken Hensley: That's his first solo album - and I like it a lot,
                actually. It's pretty mellow, compared to what Heep was doing at the
                time...but there's some rocking here & there. Definitely give it a
                few listens to grow on you. If you like it - check out his 2nd solo
                record - 'Eager to Please' - which is even better.

                <xcygnusxyyzx@y...> wrote:
                > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, captain2man <no_reply@y...>
                > wrote:
                > > 1) Early Saxon rules...haven't really heard anything
                since "Power
                > &
                > > The Glory"
                > >
                > > 2) missed the Jersey metal-fest...how was it?? Nuclear Assault
                > > played around the block from me last night on L.I. - but at $18 a
                > > ticket - I had to pass.
                > >
                > > 3) I'm a HUGE Uriah Heep fan....what Hensley record did you buy??
                > >
                > > 4) Rainbow "Rising" is the BEST Rainbow album....I love that
                > album.
                > > Definitely a great purchase.
                > >

                > > STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: The new Voivod.
                > >

                > Hey captain the metal fest is in may dude.
                > I bought Proud Words on a Dusty shelf.
                > i drove an hour and a half to see nuclear assault and they cancelled
                > but yu should check out Candy Striper death ORgy dude!!!!!!!
                > Get SAXON - Crusader!!!!!!!!
                > keep on rockin
                > >

                > > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "xcygnusxyyzx
                > > <xcygnusxyyzx@y...>" <xcygnusxyyzx@y...> wrote:
                > > > Hey guys its your little friend Dan. I just got my DEMON lp. in
                > the
                > > > mail today its THE UNEXPECTED GUEST anybody hear like NWOBHM
                > cause
                > > > sure do. I want to email lips directly guys but I dont know his
                > > email
                > > > address and He never sees my emails. Id like to be his pal like
                > > Tange
                > > > and Tony so when I go see ANvil I can meet the band like some
                of
                > > you
                > > > guys. Thanks for keeping me on this site. And tony if you want
                > > > make a trade Im looking for a place to stay in July when anvil
                > play
                > > > the festival in Ontario.
                > > > Anybody hear like SAXON!!!!!!!!
                > > > im going to the new jersey metal fest.
                > > > To see my favorites DEMON , OVERKILL, and NUCLEAR ASSAULT
                > > > anyone else going.
                > > > I bought a KEN HENSLEY Lp.
                > > > I also bought RAINBOW RISING LP.
                > > > Im pretty much a vinyl freak nowadays.
                > > > Hey Tange got any vinyl I can buy off of you?
                > > > Thats sweet as hell that you went to the HALFORD show, but just
                > > > imagine going to the one in vegas with Testament Violence and
                > DEATH
                > > > ANGEL.
                > > > ADios HOmbres!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              • captain2man
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 11 10:17 AM
                  No - I'm not in Leftover Crack.

                  I'm in Two Man Advantage. Our Coach (real name - Aaron) - played
                  drums for them on their European summer tour in 2002, and a few shows
                  after that.

                  We toured with Leftover Crack in September of 2001, and we've played
                  a bunch of shows with them....unfortunately - some stuff happened,
                  which I'm not going to air out here (or anywhere else for that
                  matter) - and the "friendship" which existed between the two bands
                  is, very unfortunately, over.

                  I definitely wish them the best, though.