Re: Hey everyone

    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 4, 2003
      DEMON~The Unexpected Guest. Yes, I bought those Demon LP's when they
      came out. I liked the first 2 the best. Do you know who or what the
      unexpected guest is? That is the DEMON LP that begins with a few
      minutes of scary, eerie-sounding noises and stuff, right? (I just
      dug out my old copy and it's "Full Moon" off of their Night Of The
      Demon LP but UG has an intro also) Way back then I videotaped the
      band Talas(Billy Sheehan's
      old band) in a small club in upstate NY and I was looking to film a
      sort of intro for the show. I took the video cam and held it while I
      walked slowly through a graveyard. Then I put that DEMON track on it
      and it fit great and made for a cool looking little intro.

      catdeli

      Death~The unexpected guest.
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 4, 2003
        What do you want? I will put a pic in the files and you can look at my LPs. It was when I moved in 1999.
        I normally don't sell...but who knows?
        Tange.
        "xcygnusxyyzx <xcygnusxyyzx@...>" <xcygnusxyyzx@...> wrote:Hey guys its your little friend Dan. I just got my DEMON lp. in the
        mail today its THE UNEXPECTED GUEST anybody hear like NWOBHM cause I
        sure do. I want to email lips directly guys but I dont know his email
        address and He never sees my emails. Id like to be his pal like Tange
        and Tony so when I go see ANvil I can meet the band like some of you
        guys. Thanks for keeping me on this site. And tony if you want to
        make a trade Im looking for a place to stay in July when anvil play
        the festival in Ontario.
        Anybody hear like SAXON!!!!!!!!
        im going to the new jersey metal fest.
        To see my favorites DEMON , OVERKILL, and NUCLEAR ASSAULT
        anyone else going.
        I bought a KEN HENSLEY Lp.
        I also bought RAINBOW RISING LP.
        Im pretty much a vinyl freak nowadays.
        Hey Tange got any vinyl I can buy off of you?
        Thats sweet as hell that you went to the HALFORD show, but just
        imagine going to the one in vegas with Testament Violence and DEATH
        ANGEL.
        ADios HOmbres!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 4, 2003
          > And tony if you want to
          > make a trade Im looking for a place to stay in July when anvil play
          > the festival in Ontario.

          I'd make the offer but I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario. It's about
          a 20 hour drive to Perth.
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 4, 2003
            LOL :))
            tgalloca <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:> And tony if you want to
            > make a trade Im looking for a place to stay in July when anvil play
            > the festival in Ontario.

            I'd make the offer but I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario. It's about
            a 20 hour drive to Perth.

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • captain2man
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 10, 2003
              1) Early Saxon rules...haven't really heard anything since "Power &
              The Glory"

              2) missed the Jersey metal-fest...how was it?? Nuclear Assault
              played around the block from me last night on L.I. - but at $18 a
              ticket - I had to pass.

              3) I'm a HUGE Uriah Heep fan....what Hensley record did you buy??

              4) Rainbow "Rising" is the BEST Rainbow album....I love that album.
              Definitely a great purchase.

              STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: The new Voivod.

              --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "xcygnusxyyzx
              <xcygnusxyyzx@y...>" <xcygnusxyyzx@y...> wrote:
              > Hey guys its your little friend Dan. I just got my DEMON lp. in the
              > mail today its THE UNEXPECTED GUEST anybody hear like NWOBHM cause
              > sure do. I want to email lips directly guys but I dont know his
              email
              > address and He never sees my emails. Id like to be his pal like
              Tange
              > and Tony so when I go see ANvil I can meet the band like some of
              you
              > guys. Thanks for keeping me on this site. And tony if you want to
              > make a trade Im looking for a place to stay in July when anvil play
              > the festival in Ontario.
              > Anybody hear like SAXON!!!!!!!!
              > im going to the new jersey metal fest.
              > To see my favorites DEMON , OVERKILL, and NUCLEAR ASSAULT
              > anyone else going.
              > I bought a KEN HENSLEY Lp.
              > I also bought RAINBOW RISING LP.
              > Im pretty much a vinyl freak nowadays.
              > Hey Tange got any vinyl I can buy off of you?
              > Thats sweet as hell that you went to the HALFORD show, but just
              > imagine going to the one in vegas with Testament Violence and DEATH
              > ANGEL.
              > ADios HOmbres!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            • xcygnusxyyzx
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 10, 2003
                --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, captain2man <no_reply@y...>
                wrote:
                > 1) Early Saxon rules...haven't really heard anything since "Power
                &
                > The Glory"
                >
                > 2) missed the Jersey metal-fest...how was it?? Nuclear Assault
                > played around the block from me last night on L.I. - but at $18 a
                > ticket - I had to pass.
                >
                > 3) I'm a HUGE Uriah Heep fan....what Hensley record did you buy??
                >
                > 4) Rainbow "Rising" is the BEST Rainbow album....I love that
                album.
                > Definitely a great purchase.
                >

                > STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: The new Voivod.

                Hey captain the metal fest is in may dude.
                I bought Proud Words on a Dusty shelf.
                i drove an hour and a half to see nuclear assault and they cancelled
                but yu should check out Candy Striper death ORgy dude!!!!!!!
                Get SAXON - Crusader!!!!!!!!
                keep on rockin

                > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "xcygnusxyyzx
                > <xcygnusxyyzx@y...>" <xcygnusxyyzx@y...> wrote:
                > > Hey guys its your little friend Dan. I just got my DEMON lp. in
                the
                > > mail today its THE UNEXPECTED GUEST anybody hear like NWOBHM
                cause
                > > sure do. I want to email lips directly guys but I dont know his
                > email
                > > address and He never sees my emails. Id like to be his pal like
                > Tange
                > > and Tony so when I go see ANvil I can meet the band like some of
                > you
                > > guys. Thanks for keeping me on this site. And tony if you want to
                > > make a trade Im looking for a place to stay in July when anvil
                play
                > > the festival in Ontario.
                > > Anybody hear like SAXON!!!!!!!!
                > > im going to the new jersey metal fest.
                > > To see my favorites DEMON , OVERKILL, and NUCLEAR ASSAULT
                > > anyone else going.
                > > I bought a KEN HENSLEY Lp.
                > > I also bought RAINBOW RISING LP.
                > > Im pretty much a vinyl freak nowadays.
                > > Hey Tange got any vinyl I can buy off of you?
                > > Thats sweet as hell that you went to the HALFORD show, but just
                > > imagine going to the one in vegas with Testament Violence and
                DEATH
                > > ANGEL.
                > > ADios HOmbres!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              • xcygnusxyyzx
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 10, 2003
                  wrote:
                  > 1) Early Saxon rules...haven't really heard anything since "Power
                  &
                  > The Glory"
                  >
                  > 2) missed the Jersey metal-fest...how was it?? Nuclear Assault
                  > played around the block from me last night on L.I. - but at $18 a
                  > ticket - I had to pass.
                  >
                  > 3) I'm a HUGE Uriah Heep fan....what Hensley record did you buy??
                  >
                  > 4) Rainbow "Rising" is the BEST Rainbow album....I love that
                  album.
                  > Definitely a great purchase.
                  >

                  > STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: The new Voivod.

                  Hey captain the metal fest is in may dude.
                  I bought Proud Words on a Dusty shelf.
                  i drove an hour and a half to see nuclear assault and they cancelled
                  but yu should check out Candy Striper death ORgy dude!!!!!!!
                  Get SAXON - Crusader!!!!!!!!
                  keep on rockin. Also are you in the band LEFTOVER CRACK?

                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 10, 2003
                    Hey Dan,
                    I don't know what is a "pal" I mean, I don't know the meaning of it. But, you can be sure that LIPS doesn't need a email from you to take you backstage if you go to Perth this summer! He will be so happy you made all this road to see Anvil. I write to him, but he doesn't have always the time to answer...or he just don't feel for it! LIPS and computers, yunno...just listen to "Computer drone" and you will guess that he prefers to meet people in person, than by a email. I'm not a better friend than other members, its just that we met in the 80's and before Internet exists, I used to write to him (letters to the Anvil Metal Pounders Union) to tell my opinion, or ... to criticize.
                    I say directly what I think and Tony too...I think Lips doesn't always like it at first, but he thinks about it, and finally apreciates our opinions (sometimes!). Maybe that's what make you believe that we are "VIP", but for Anvil all fans are VIP. Maybe I'll go to Perth too...I have to see you! Writing in English gives me a weird image, but I'm civilized and I'll be a real mother for you... It's a serious project. I would like to see Captain, Tony too...Mad dog, again! But, I know that Tony lives far from this place (Perth Meltdown is maybe during his holidays).
                    Is there an ideal place to have an Anvil show? Is that makable on the web with a webcam, I mean a good webcam..? Kidding LIPS!!
                    Tange :0)

                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 10, 2003
                      A pal is a friend

                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 11, 2003
                        Metal-Fest: There may also be a metal-fest in May....but the March
                        Metal Meltdown was this past weekend in Irvington, NJ.

                        Saxon: I'll have to check out "Crusader". Thanks for the tip!

                        Ken Hensley: That's his first solo album - and I like it a lot,
                        actually. It's pretty mellow, compared to what Heep was doing at the
                        time...but there's some rocking here & there. Definitely give it a
                        few listens to grow on you. If you like it - check out his 2nd solo
                        record - 'Eager to Please' - which is even better.

                        <xcygnusxyyzx@y...> wrote:
                        > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, captain2man <no_reply@y...>
                        > wrote:
                        > > 1) Early Saxon rules...haven't really heard anything
                        since "Power
                        > &
                        > > The Glory"
                        > >
                        > > 2) missed the Jersey metal-fest...how was it?? Nuclear Assault
                        > > played around the block from me last night on L.I. - but at $18 a
                        > > ticket - I had to pass.
                        > >
                        > > 3) I'm a HUGE Uriah Heep fan....what Hensley record did you buy??
                        > >
                        > > 4) Rainbow "Rising" is the BEST Rainbow album....I love that
                        > album.
                        > > Definitely a great purchase.
                        > >

                        > > STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: The new Voivod.
                        > >

                        > Hey captain the metal fest is in may dude.
                        > I bought Proud Words on a Dusty shelf.
                        > i drove an hour and a half to see nuclear assault and they cancelled
                        > but yu should check out Candy Striper death ORgy dude!!!!!!!
                        > Get SAXON - Crusader!!!!!!!!
                        > keep on rockin
                        > >

                        > > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "xcygnusxyyzx
                        > > <xcygnusxyyzx@y...>" <xcygnusxyyzx@y...> wrote:
                        > > > Hey guys its your little friend Dan. I just got my DEMON lp. in
                        > the
                        > > > mail today its THE UNEXPECTED GUEST anybody hear like NWOBHM
                        > cause
                        > > > sure do. I want to email lips directly guys but I dont know his
                        > > email
                        > > > address and He never sees my emails. Id like to be his pal like
                        > > Tange
                        > > > and Tony so when I go see ANvil I can meet the band like some
                        of
                        > > you
                        > > > guys. Thanks for keeping me on this site. And tony if you want
                        > > > make a trade Im looking for a place to stay in July when anvil
                        > play
                        > > > the festival in Ontario.
                        > > > Anybody hear like SAXON!!!!!!!!
                        > > > im going to the new jersey metal fest.
                        > > > To see my favorites DEMON , OVERKILL, and NUCLEAR ASSAULT
                        > > > anyone else going.
                        > > > I bought a KEN HENSLEY Lp.
                        > > > I also bought RAINBOW RISING LP.
                        > > > Im pretty much a vinyl freak nowadays.
                        > > > Hey Tange got any vinyl I can buy off of you?
                        > > > Thats sweet as hell that you went to the HALFORD show, but just
                        > > > imagine going to the one in vegas with Testament Violence and
                        > DEATH
                        > > > ANGEL.
                        > > > ADios HOmbres!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      • captain2man
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 11, 2003
                          No - I'm not in Leftover Crack.

                          I'm in Two Man Advantage. Our Coach (real name - Aaron) - played
                          drums for them on their European summer tour in 2002, and a few shows
                          after that.

                          We toured with Leftover Crack in September of 2001, and we've played
                          a bunch of shows with them....unfortunately - some stuff happened,
                          which I'm not going to air out here (or anywhere else for that
                          matter) - and the "friendship" which existed between the two bands
                          is, very unfortunately, over.

                          I definitely wish them the best, though.