Hey everyone

  • xcygnusxyyzx <xcygnusxyyzx@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 4, 2003
      Hey guys its your little friend Dan. I just got my DEMON lp. in the
      mail today its THE UNEXPECTED GUEST anybody hear like NWOBHM cause I
      sure do. I want to email lips directly guys but I dont know his email
      address and He never sees my emails. Id like to be his pal like Tange
      and Tony so when I go see ANvil I can meet the band like some of you
      guys. Thanks for keeping me on this site. And tony if you want to
      make a trade Im looking for a place to stay in July when anvil play
      the festival in Ontario.
      Anybody hear like SAXON!!!!!!!!
      im going to the new jersey metal fest.
      To see my favorites DEMON , OVERKILL, and NUCLEAR ASSAULT
      anyone else going.
      I bought a KEN HENSLEY Lp.
      I also bought RAINBOW RISING LP.
      Im pretty much a vinyl freak nowadays.
      Hey Tange got any vinyl I can buy off of you?
      Thats sweet as hell that you went to the HALFORD show, but just
      imagine going to the one in vegas with Testament Violence and DEATH
      ANGEL.
      ADios HOmbres!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 4, 2003
        DEMON~The Unexpected Guest. Yes, I bought those Demon LP's when they
        came out. I liked the first 2 the best. Do you know who or what the
        unexpected guest is? That is the DEMON LP that begins with a few
        minutes of scary, eerie-sounding noises and stuff, right? (I just
        dug out my old copy and it's "Full Moon" off of their Night Of The
        Demon LP but UG has an intro also) Way back then I videotaped the
        band Talas(Billy Sheehan's
        old band) in a small club in upstate NY and I was looking to film a
        sort of intro for the show. I took the video cam and held it while I
        walked slowly through a graveyard. Then I put that DEMON track on it
        and it fit great and made for a cool looking little intro.

        catdeli

        Death~The unexpected guest.
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 4, 2003
          What do you want? I will put a pic in the files and you can look at my LPs. It was when I moved in 1999.
          I normally don't sell...but who knows?
          Tange.
          "xcygnusxyyzx <xcygnusxyyzx@...>" <xcygnusxyyzx@...> wrote:Hey guys its your little friend Dan. I just got my DEMON lp. in the
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 4, 2003
            > And tony if you want to
            > make a trade Im looking for a place to stay in July when anvil play
            > the festival in Ontario.

            I'd make the offer but I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario. It's about
            a 20 hour drive to Perth.
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 4, 2003
              LOL :))
              tgalloca <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:> And tony if you want to
              > make a trade Im looking for a place to stay in July when anvil play
              > the festival in Ontario.

              I'd make the offer but I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario. It's about
              a 20 hour drive to Perth.

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            • captain2man
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 10, 2003
                1) Early Saxon rules...haven't really heard anything since "Power &
                The Glory"

                2) missed the Jersey metal-fest...how was it?? Nuclear Assault
                played around the block from me last night on L.I. - but at $18 a
                ticket - I had to pass.

                3) I'm a HUGE Uriah Heep fan....what Hensley record did you buy??

                4) Rainbow "Rising" is the BEST Rainbow album....I love that album.
                Definitely a great purchase.

                STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: The new Voivod.

                --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "xcygnusxyyzx
                <xcygnusxyyzx@y...>" <xcygnusxyyzx@y...> wrote:
                > Hey guys its your little friend Dan. I just got my DEMON lp. in the
                > mail today its THE UNEXPECTED GUEST anybody hear like NWOBHM cause
                > sure do. I want to email lips directly guys but I dont know his
                email
                > address and He never sees my emails. Id like to be his pal like
                Tange
                > and Tony so when I go see ANvil I can meet the band like some of
                you
                > guys. Thanks for keeping me on this site. And tony if you want to
                > make a trade Im looking for a place to stay in July when anvil play
                > the festival in Ontario.
                > Anybody hear like SAXON!!!!!!!!
                > im going to the new jersey metal fest.
                > To see my favorites DEMON , OVERKILL, and NUCLEAR ASSAULT
                > anyone else going.
                > I bought a KEN HENSLEY Lp.
                > I also bought RAINBOW RISING LP.
                > Im pretty much a vinyl freak nowadays.
                > Hey Tange got any vinyl I can buy off of you?
                > Thats sweet as hell that you went to the HALFORD show, but just
                > imagine going to the one in vegas with Testament Violence and DEATH
                > ANGEL.
                > ADios HOmbres!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              • xcygnusxyyzx
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 10, 2003
                  --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, captain2man <no_reply@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > 1) Early Saxon rules...haven't really heard anything since "Power
                  &
                  > The Glory"
                  >
                  > 2) missed the Jersey metal-fest...how was it?? Nuclear Assault
                  > played around the block from me last night on L.I. - but at $18 a
                  > ticket - I had to pass.
                  >
                  > 3) I'm a HUGE Uriah Heep fan....what Hensley record did you buy??
                  >
                  > 4) Rainbow "Rising" is the BEST Rainbow album....I love that
                  album.
                  > Definitely a great purchase.
                  >

                  > STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: The new Voivod.

                  Hey captain the metal fest is in may dude.
                  I bought Proud Words on a Dusty shelf.
                  i drove an hour and a half to see nuclear assault and they cancelled
                  but yu should check out Candy Striper death ORgy dude!!!!!!!
                  Get SAXON - Crusader!!!!!!!!
                  keep on rockin

                  > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "xcygnusxyyzx
                  > <xcygnusxyyzx@y...>" <xcygnusxyyzx@y...> wrote:
                  > > Hey guys its your little friend Dan. I just got my DEMON lp. in
                  the
                  > > mail today its THE UNEXPECTED GUEST anybody hear like NWOBHM
                  cause
                  > > sure do. I want to email lips directly guys but I dont know his
                  > email
                  > > address and He never sees my emails. Id like to be his pal like
                  > Tange
                  > > and Tony so when I go see ANvil I can meet the band like some of
                  > you
                  > > guys. Thanks for keeping me on this site. And tony if you want to
                  > > make a trade Im looking for a place to stay in July when anvil
                  play
                  > > the festival in Ontario.
                  > > Anybody hear like SAXON!!!!!!!!
                  > > im going to the new jersey metal fest.
                  > > To see my favorites DEMON , OVERKILL, and NUCLEAR ASSAULT
                  > > anyone else going.
                  > > I bought a KEN HENSLEY Lp.
                  > > I also bought RAINBOW RISING LP.
                  > > Im pretty much a vinyl freak nowadays.
                  > > Hey Tange got any vinyl I can buy off of you?
                  > > Thats sweet as hell that you went to the HALFORD show, but just
                  > > imagine going to the one in vegas with Testament Violence and
                  DEATH
                  > > ANGEL.
                  > > ADios HOmbres!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                • xcygnusxyyzx
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 10, 2003
                    wrote:
                    > 1) Early Saxon rules...haven't really heard anything since "Power
                    &
                    > The Glory"
                    >
                    > 2) missed the Jersey metal-fest...how was it?? Nuclear Assault
                    > played around the block from me last night on L.I. - but at $18 a
                    > ticket - I had to pass.
                    >
                    > 3) I'm a HUGE Uriah Heep fan....what Hensley record did you buy??
                    >
                    > 4) Rainbow "Rising" is the BEST Rainbow album....I love that
                    album.
                    > Definitely a great purchase.
                    >

                    > STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: The new Voivod.

                    Hey captain the metal fest is in may dude.
                    I bought Proud Words on a Dusty shelf.
                    i drove an hour and a half to see nuclear assault and they cancelled
                    but yu should check out Candy Striper death ORgy dude!!!!!!!
                    Get SAXON - Crusader!!!!!!!!
                    keep on rockin. Also are you in the band LEFTOVER CRACK?

                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 10, 2003
                      Hey Dan,
                      I don't know what is a "pal" I mean, I don't know the meaning of it. But, you can be sure that LIPS doesn't need a email from you to take you backstage if you go to Perth this summer! He will be so happy you made all this road to see Anvil. I write to him, but he doesn't have always the time to answer...or he just don't feel for it! LIPS and computers, yunno...just listen to "Computer drone" and you will guess that he prefers to meet people in person, than by a email. I'm not a better friend than other members, its just that we met in the 80's and before Internet exists, I used to write to him (letters to the Anvil Metal Pounders Union) to tell my opinion, or ... to criticize.
                      I say directly what I think and Tony too...I think Lips doesn't always like it at first, but he thinks about it, and finally apreciates our opinions (sometimes!). Maybe that's what make you believe that we are "VIP", but for Anvil all fans are VIP. Maybe I'll go to Perth too...I have to see you! Writing in English gives me a weird image, but I'm civilized and I'll be a real mother for you... It's a serious project. I would like to see Captain, Tony too...Mad dog, again! But, I know that Tony lives far from this place (Perth Meltdown is maybe during his holidays).
                      Is there an ideal place to have an Anvil show? Is that makable on the web with a webcam, I mean a good webcam..? Kidding LIPS!!
                      Tange :0)

                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 10, 2003
                        A pal is a friend

                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 11, 2003
                          Metal-Fest: There may also be a metal-fest in May....but the March
                          Metal Meltdown was this past weekend in Irvington, NJ.

                          Saxon: I'll have to check out "Crusader". Thanks for the tip!

                          Ken Hensley: That's his first solo album - and I like it a lot,
                          actually. It's pretty mellow, compared to what Heep was doing at the
                          time...but there's some rocking here & there. Definitely give it a
                          few listens to grow on you. If you like it - check out his 2nd solo
                          record - 'Eager to Please' - which is even better.

                          <xcygnusxyyzx@y...> wrote:
                          > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, captain2man <no_reply@y...>
                          > wrote:
                          > > 1) Early Saxon rules...haven't really heard anything
                          since "Power
                          > &
                          > > The Glory"
                          > >
                          > > 2) missed the Jersey metal-fest...how was it?? Nuclear Assault
                          > > played around the block from me last night on L.I. - but at $18 a
                          > > ticket - I had to pass.
                          > >
                          > > 3) I'm a HUGE Uriah Heep fan....what Hensley record did you buy??
                          > >
                          > > 4) Rainbow "Rising" is the BEST Rainbow album....I love that
                          > album.
                          > > Definitely a great purchase.
                          > >

                          > > STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: The new Voivod.
                          > >

                          > Hey captain the metal fest is in may dude.
                          > I bought Proud Words on a Dusty shelf.
                          > i drove an hour and a half to see nuclear assault and they cancelled
                          > but yu should check out Candy Striper death ORgy dude!!!!!!!
                          > Get SAXON - Crusader!!!!!!!!
                          > keep on rockin
                          > >

                          > > --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "xcygnusxyyzx
                          > > <xcygnusxyyzx@y...>" <xcygnusxyyzx@y...> wrote:
                          > > > Hey guys its your little friend Dan. I just got my DEMON lp. in
                          > the
                          > > > mail today its THE UNEXPECTED GUEST anybody hear like NWOBHM
                          > cause
                          > > > sure do. I want to email lips directly guys but I dont know his
                          > > email
                          > > > address and He never sees my emails. Id like to be his pal like
                          > > Tange
                          > > > and Tony so when I go see ANvil I can meet the band like some
                          of
                          > > you
                          > > > guys. Thanks for keeping me on this site. And tony if you want
                          > > > make a trade Im looking for a place to stay in July when anvil
                          > play
                          > > > the festival in Ontario.
                          > > > Anybody hear like SAXON!!!!!!!!
                          > > > im going to the new jersey metal fest.
                          > > > To see my favorites DEMON , OVERKILL, and NUCLEAR ASSAULT
                          > > > anyone else going.
                          > > > I bought a KEN HENSLEY Lp.
                          > > > I also bought RAINBOW RISING LP.
                          > > > Im pretty much a vinyl freak nowadays.
                          > > > Hey Tange got any vinyl I can buy off of you?
                          > > > Thats sweet as hell that you went to the HALFORD show, but just
                          > > > imagine going to the one in vegas with Testament Violence and
                          > DEATH
                          > > > ANGEL.
                          > > > ADios HOmbres!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        • captain2man
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 11, 2003
                            No - I'm not in Leftover Crack.

                            I'm in Two Man Advantage. Our Coach (real name - Aaron) - played
                            drums for them on their European summer tour in 2002, and a few shows
                            after that.

                            We toured with Leftover Crack in September of 2001, and we've played
                            a bunch of shows with them....unfortunately - some stuff happened,
                            which I'm not going to air out here (or anywhere else for that
                            matter) - and the "friendship" which existed between the two bands
                            is, very unfortunately, over.

                            I definitely wish them the best, though.