Re: [Academy of Anvil] amysgaper

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 14, 2003
      You didn't like the poem? ......the blue balls, lol !!!! You did what you had to do.
      oK.....Tony, if you were (maybe you are) in love with someone, which of the Anvil's ballads or songs will you sing to your garl? Tell me please ;) Please, not "Backwaxed"!
      Happy Valentine to all the "men" of this Club. (???) I love you all!
      xoxoxoxoxoxoxox Tange :0)
      tgalloca <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I normally don't like to moderate this group. I like people to be able
      to say what they want. However this was just spam....so I had to
      remove amysgaper.

    • slugguit
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 14, 2003
        Same to you Tange! :)

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 14, 2003
          Not much to choose from here. I like "Make It Up To You" but the song
          is obviously apologizing for infidelity. If I were to sing it to "my
          garl" she might think I've been cheating on her.

          My fave Anvil ballad would have to be "World's Apart". I think it
          should have made it on an album. On the other hand...Anvil isn't a
          band that should release ballads at all.

          tony

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 14, 2003
            You think that this song is about infidelity? Maybe it's just about a general attitude that was unpleasant. That's what I hate the most about being non english, I don't get those "suptilit�s". I thought you would choose world apart. Not that bad the lyrics, in fact. I have read it, but I found them too sad for Valentine Day. "Anvil shouldn't have ballads"....you think so? Deep Purple got "Child in time", Black Sabbath "Changes" and Judas Priest "Beyond the realm of death". Maybe Anvil shouldn't have any restriction, creating all kind of songs they want to play. Rockers, Metalheads; we all got feelings.
            :^* ===> kiss for Tony cos he's patient with me. I'll send you chocolates (yeah, with a cherry inside!)
            Tange :)
            tgalloca <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Not much to choose from here. I like "Make It Up To You" but the song

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 15, 2003
              "Going astray" usually implies infidelity. Besides Lips told me he
              wrote the song for his girlfriend (or was it wife) Lee. You will
              notice here name in the thanks lists of the early albums. Anyways he
              had cheated on her.

              You have a point about ballads. As long as the band is doing it
              because they want to rather than scoring a hit.

              Anvil shouldn't have restrictions but if Lips over recorded a country
              tune on an Anvil album I'd track him down and strangle him with his
              own guitar string.

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 15, 2003
                Thanks for the info, I didn't know. Sincerly, in the 80's, who didn't cheat on someone??? Before AIDS arrived "for real", cheating wasn't seen like it is now. It was like "love is love", "sex is sex". And if LIPS cheated on Lee, well it's a real good thing cos now he's happy with his wife and family... We call that destiny.
                For the country, I agree. Isn't it ordinary that crap music!!!
                Later! Tange.... :)

                tgalloca <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:"Going astray" usually implies infidelity. Besides Lips told me he
                wrote the song for his girlfriend (or was it wife) Lee. You will
                notice here name in the thanks lists of the early albums. Anyways he
                had cheated on her.

                You have a point about ballads. As long as the band is doing it
                because they want to rather than scoring a hit.

                Anvil shouldn't have restrictions but if Lips over recorded a country
                tune on an Anvil album I'd track him down and strangle him with his
                own guitar string.

                > You think that this song is about infidelity? Maybe it's just about
                a general attitude that was unpleasant. That's what I hate the most
                about being non english, I don't get those "suptilit���s".

                "Anvil shouldn't have ballads"....you think so? Deep Purple got "Child
                in time", Black Sabbath "Changes" and Judas Priest "Beyond the realm
                of death". Maybe Anvil shouldn't have any restriction, creating all
                kind of songs they want to play. Rockers, Metalheads; we all got feelings.

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 15, 2003
                  I've never cheated on anyone. It has nothing to do with fear of
                  disease. It has to with honesty. People should promise to be
                  manogamous unless they mean it.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 16, 2003
                    Here's a new one: "NEVER say NEVER"