a weekend with Anvil - the Attic Years

  • captain2man
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2003
      So - my girlfriend lives 400 miles away...which makes for a lot of
      long drives.

      That gives me lots of time to listen to music....which is pretty
      awesome.

      This weekend...the "Attic" years took a roadtrip with me...and helped
      me rock all the way down to the beautiful Chelsea.

      Hard 'n' Heavy - a great rock 'n' roll album...not really an typical
      Anvil metal record...but I guess it really wasn't when it was
      recorded...it was a Lips record after all.

      Metal on Metal...oh man - what a classic!!! It's great to revisit
      this album once in awhile and not take it for granted. Every song
      rules...."Heat Sink" - the underrated song on this record...would
      love to hear it creep into the set-list next time I see them.

      Forged in Fire....yes!!!! another absolute classic!!! I don't
      know...I may actually like this one better than Metal on Metal.
      There's something darker about it. All the songs are great...."Never
      Deceive Me" is, in my opinion, the best Anvil song which Dave Allison
      sang.

      Backwaxed...OK - OK....not an album Anvil ever probably wanted out
      there...not a album put together in any sort of real way....but the
      songs are still really good. The song "Backwaxed" could have been my
      soundtrack to the weekend with Chelsea, if you know what I mean.

      Anvil = great driving music.
    • tangelaine2000 <tangelaine2000@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2003
        I don't drive Jeff, and it's weird to write that but I think that all
        women are dangerous on the road...It's really what I think. The
        only woman I can go to get a ride with, is my younger sister.
        I prefer the bus: if there's an accident, I'll be a survivor.

        "Heat sink" must be the heavier song on MoM, it's my
        opinion. "Mothra" is unusual by the topic, the sound of the
        instruments and the different tempos. But "Heat sink" got a pure
        Heavy Metal of the 80's, and it's speeds up by Anvil. This only beat
        that belongs to them. The lyrics are about sex, but it's well
        described and perfectly written. Metal on Metal is an hymn, for many
        metalheads is the song that represents Anvil. It's a point of view
        that is not mine.

        "Never deceive me" pleased me more than "Stop me". I remember at the
        opening of the "Number of the Beast" Maiden tour, Allison's groupies
        were in front of the stage,with big
        banners showing "Stop me" on it. I don't know...maybe I'm a macho
        woman (???), but for me a guy who wear leather, chains, who is
        longhaired and who looks hot......is not supposed to complain about a
        kiss or a love deception. On side B, LIPS made me afraid with 666
        (the devil that acts through some men like Manson, etc.), and on the
        side A: Dave that missed a kiss.

        "Heat sink" is one of my fave. They have so many albums, well if they
        have to choose, I guess it's hard to remove "March of the crabs" of
        the playlist.

        Were you "happy" to see your girlfriend, captain hahahaha!! Did you
        sing to
        her "Tease me, please me"?

        Tange :0)