Re: [Academy of Anvil] Foundation

  • Eric Piccelli
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2003
      Hey Lips.

      I think people tend to look for funny things in
      music, and that's why the more serious Anvil songs get
      overlooked.

      Maybe they all see that the world is a sick, dirty
      place. And maybe they all had enough of that.

      So, instead of listening to a song like "No One to
      Follow" - which I think is one of the best lyrics you
      ever wrote -, people prefer banging their heads to
      "Show Me Your Tits".

      I get the same problem with my lyrics (I also have
      a band). The ones I think are the best, more focused,
      just get overlooked in favor of the funny rock'n'roll
      anthems I also write.

      That is to remind us that most people face music
      just as another form of entertainment, nothing more,
      nothing less.

      Cheers.

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 23, 2003
        Okay Lips, I see you're in great shape, hmm... That's all I wanted to know. If North America is too hypnotized by "new metal", there's South America......and Europe, and Jupiter, and....................=========>
        January is a tough month for us, I think. In fact, I was born during this month...long ago. I must say that all my life has been tough, and it's still goes like that... The thing I found the most difficult was to quit my native town and to stop to play music (bass) when I was 13 years old. Loosing all my friends to move to Quebec City was something, to quit my grand-parent too...but to stop playing music has been a shock.
        You're damn lucky to be the musician that you are...no matter what is the "music world". Don't look at what you don't have, look at what you got. And, yunno...it's a chance I moved to Quebec City (whatever happened to me!)...cos I saw Anvil live many times. Smile, cos life is short. You know that song "Good times, bad times"?
        Take care from now,

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 23, 2003
          --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, anvilips2000 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > It hasn't mattered were or who I've talked to about Anvil
          > most are oblivious to what songs are the special songs, to Anvil as
          > fans.

          I would think that they are all special to you in one way or another
          otherwise why would you have written and recorded them.