Re: [Academy of Anvil] Re: Anvil's tunes in 2 horror movies?

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 22, 2003
      Ok Jeff....don't take it wrong. Tony wanted to deported Rush in Mass., it's a fact!
      Tange :))
      captain2man <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I do NOT hate progressive rock!!! Why do you think that??

      I love Yes, Jethro Tull, Kansas, Rush, ELP, King Crimson....I even
      have some stuff by Focus, Captain Beyond...etc., etc.

      I do not consider Anvil to be "progressive rock" in any sense of that
      term...and that is certainly not the reason I don't like the
      song "Paper General"...actually I do like that song...I just think
      it's the weakest song on that record....it's not because I associate
      it with progressive rock...it's the song that hits me in the head the
      least.

      > You both (Tony and Jeff) hates progressive rock....and this song
      sounds progressive. I agree that on the album, it's not the best
      song, but live I admitted that I was the first to be surprised of the
      change, of the power, of the tempo.......OF ALL in this song. I wrote
      LIVE. For those or "the one" that like "Allison & Lips" duet
      vocals.....I heard those vocals LIVE and RECORDED. It was shit, and
      not only because Allison was trying to sing over Lips voice....also
      because in Lips face you could read "Get away from me". "Straight
      between the eyes", "I want you both with me" are maybe "not too bad"
      recorded, but live: it sucked!!!!!!! Paper General was GREAT played
      live last november. Yessss, "Concrete Jungle" is a good song. But,
      for me it's a better surprise to like a song suddenly just because
      it's played by differents musicians and that I enjoy it.
      > Goodnite.
      > captain2man <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I agree....I
      think "Paper General" is one of the worst songs off of

      <tangelaine2000@y...>
      > > <tangelaine2000@y...> wrote:
      > > > How did you find this Tony? I checked the website that is
      linked
      > > > your news...I've never found the name of "Anvil" in the movie's
      > > > features.
      > >
      > > They have a link to the soundtrack they are selling:
      > >
      > > http://www.sleepawaycampfilms.com/campstore_soundtrack.htm
      > >
      > > "Wild eyes" is great! I like the song and Anvil's
      > > > cover...but, "Straight between the eyes": the "back vocal" sux.
      > >
      > > I think "Straight" is one of the better songs from SoS. I like the
      > > dual vocals.
      > >
      > > > But if they chose "SoS", I must say that I've been horrified to
      > hear
      > > > it the first time too. :^) I should specify that "Paper
      General"
      > live
      > > > is a real surprise. Maybe it's the song that sounds more
      > different
      > > > recorded than live. I've never heard a synchronism, a sound, a
      > > > perfect voice and a power in an Anvil song before last November
      > > > 8. "Paper General", Bravo! A real dessert, better than 2 pieces
      > of
      > > > cheeze cake..
      > >
      > > PG is my least fave on SoS and one of my least fave overall Anvil
      > tunes.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Service.