Re: [Academy of Anvil] Re: Metal on Metal tour album

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 13, 2003
      Well, it's a very old story... What will it changes to Anvil? The "MoM" is from a band very different than they are now! I spent 16 years without seeing any videos or shows of Anvil. I saw them last November and it is ridiculous to want to "live in the past" when Anvil is at their best...Ivan and G5 are great, I mean really great! Lips and Robb won't never play as well as now. What is that story to bring always the past on this board like if Anvil was an Holy Icon. They play better that most of the metal bands right now. I understand that you're collectors and interested to Anvil's past. But, to focuse on the future would be great, I think. We are supposed to be a fanclub, and Lips participates to that...Is that possible to considerate that he can be hurted by some memories from the "past". The past......we can't do anything about it, but future can be hope. Sure, we can collect the past...but a collection is personal.
      I want them at the MMM bio. I would like LIPS explained to younger metal bands, all the shit they can have if they're not carefull. All bad experiences, their trick, their bad lucks they had (their great times too!)......well it can be useful for the younger metal bands. I wish MMM will be interested to broadcast Anvil and their long saga. That's what I'm waiting for, not what happened in 198?.
      Tange
      tgalloca <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Despite the rarity of these, they are not hard to find. I bought 2
      unopened for less than $5 each. I see them on eBay quite a bit. They
      go for the same as the regular pressing of MOM on LP...which isn't
      very much.