Re: Metal on Metal

  • captain2man
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 13, 2003
      I live on Long Island - about 25 miles outside of NYC. What record
      store did you go to?? Record stores are always popping up downtown
      in NYC - I like to hit all of them at least once.

      Best heavy metal record store in the world is on Long
      Island...actually - they really don't have too much in the way of
      vinyl anymore...but they have an incredible CD selection (the owner
      keeps the back catalogues of all bands in stock all the time)....it's
      called Slipped Disc, and it's in Valley Stream - which is right on
      the Long Island/Queens border - not far from the city at
      all...definitely worth the trip.

      - jeff

      --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "xcygnusxyyzx
      <xcygnusxyyzx@y...>" <xcygnusxyyzx@y...> wrote:
      > Irecently visited new york city to visit relatives who live close
      > manhatten.While wondering the steets of the Lower east side, I
      > noticed a record store. I asked about metal records, and he pointed
      > to a section of the store dedicated to precious metal vinyl. While
      > looking through the A section I came across a copy of METAL ON
      METAL
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 13, 2003
        Despite the rarity of these, they are not hard to find. I bought 2
        unopened for less than $5 each. I see them on eBay quite a bit. They
        go for the same as the regular pressing of MOM on LP...which isn't
        very much.
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 13, 2003
          Well, it's a very old story... What will it changes to Anvil? The "MoM" is from a band very different than they are now! I spent 16 years without seeing any videos or shows of Anvil. I saw them last November and it is ridiculous to want to "live in the past" when Anvil is at their best...Ivan and G5 are great, I mean really great! Lips and Robb won't never play as well as now. What is that story to bring always the past on this board like if Anvil was an Holy Icon. They play better that most of the metal bands right now. I understand that you're collectors and interested to Anvil's past. But, to focuse on the future would be great, I think. We are supposed to be a fanclub, and Lips participates to that...Is that possible to considerate that he can be hurted by some memories from the "past". The past......we can't do anything about it, but future can be hope. Sure, we can collect the past...but a collection is personal.
          I want them at the MMM bio. I would like LIPS explained to younger metal bands, all the shit they can have if they're not carefull. All bad experiences, their trick, their bad lucks they had (their great times too!)......well it can be useful for the younger metal bands. I wish MMM will be interested to broadcast Anvil and their long saga. That's what I'm waiting for, not what happened in 198?.
          Tange
          tgalloca <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Despite the rarity of these, they are not hard to find. I bought 2