Re: [Academy of Anvil] Metal on Metal

  • thehelion
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 13, 2003
      This is the Tour Edition of Metal on Metal. It says "Tour Edition" on
      a banner on the top right corner. I think Lips told me that these
      were for the tour that was cut short in the U.S during Metal on
      Metal. Most of them were supposed to be destroyed but they never
      were. I was told that they are rare but the market doesn't reflect
      that yet.--- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "@ T @"
      <tangelaine2000@y...> wrote:

      > Is that the copy with the envelop inside with all the small pics,
      is that the 1982 released album?
      > "xcygnusxyyzx <xcygnusxyyzx@y...>" <xcygnusxyyzx@y...>
      wrote:Irecently visited new york city to visit relatives who live
      close to
      > manhatten.While wondering the steets of the Lower east side, I
      > noticed a record store. I asked about metal records, and he pointed
      > to a section of the store dedicated to precious metal vinyl. While
      > looking through the A section I came across a copy of METAL ON
      METAL
      > but not just any old copy,but the SPECIAL TOUR ALBUM
      > with (not for sale) printed
      > underneath.!!! am Ilucky or is this a commen album.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
      > var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1]
      = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=219695.2850578.4203976.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=
      1705024748:HM/id=flashurl/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;5046279;77905
      48;y?http://www.ameritrade.com/o.cgi?
      a=cjx&o=roc&p=/offer/25.html";var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow
      (1)";var lrec_flashfile
      = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/am/ameritrade/120402_am_ban_bc_
      x38_x_300x250_3.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var lrec_altURL
      = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=219695.2850578.4203976.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=
      1705024748:HM/id=altimgurl/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;5046279;7790
      548;y?http://www.ameritrade.com/o.cgi?
      a=cjx&o=roc&p=/offer/25.html";var lrec_altimg
      = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/am/ameritrade/120402_am_ban_off
      _x82_x_300x250_6.gif";var lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;

      Service.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 13, 2003
        Wow I have day OFF! I think I'm going to slide with the kids in the school backyard, I would bring my "crazy carpet". Not cold, a nice snow...there, I love my country!
        Well a rarity? Anvil got a bad "Karma" with the records company, I mean you forget all the shit they had because of those, and they would have an easier career. I'm going to check right now in Tony's collection if he got it..:^)
        I have to tell you that I have read a review telling something like "Backman Turner Overdrive can be pround of their sons (Anvil, LOL !!!)". BTO was a commercial band and I don't believe there's a link between Anvil and them, not a minute.
        There I go (where's my snow suit), I hope I won't fall and hurt myself again.....Whoooo!
        Tange :)
        thehelion <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:This is the Tour Edition of Metal on Metal. It says "Tour Edition" on
        a banner on the top right corner. I think Lips told me that these
        were for the tour that was cut short in the U.S during Metal on
        Metal. Most of them were supposed to be destroyed but they never
        were. I was told that they are rare but the market doesn't reflect
        that yet.

      • captain2man
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 13, 2003
          I live on Long Island - about 25 miles outside of NYC. What record
          store did you go to?? Record stores are always popping up downtown
          in NYC - I like to hit all of them at least once.

          Best heavy metal record store in the world is on Long
          Island...actually - they really don't have too much in the way of
          vinyl anymore...but they have an incredible CD selection (the owner
          keeps the back catalogues of all bands in stock all the time)....it's
          called Slipped Disc, and it's in Valley Stream - which is right on
          the Long Island/Queens border - not far from the city at
          all...definitely worth the trip.

          - jeff

          --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, "xcygnusxyyzx
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 13, 2003
            Despite the rarity of these, they are not hard to find. I bought 2
            unopened for less than $5 each. I see them on eBay quite a bit. They
            go for the same as the regular pressing of MOM on LP...which isn't
            very much.
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 13, 2003
              Well, it's a very old story... What will it changes to Anvil? The "MoM" is from a band very different than they are now! I spent 16 years without seeing any videos or shows of Anvil. I saw them last November and it is ridiculous to want to "live in the past" when Anvil is at their best...Ivan and G5 are great, I mean really great! Lips and Robb won't never play as well as now. What is that story to bring always the past on this board like if Anvil was an Holy Icon. They play better that most of the metal bands right now. I understand that you're collectors and interested to Anvil's past. But, to focuse on the future would be great, I think. We are supposed to be a fanclub, and Lips participates to that...Is that possible to considerate that he can be hurted by some memories from the "past". The past......we can't do anything about it, but future can be hope. Sure, we can collect the past...but a collection is personal.
              I want them at the MMM bio. I would like LIPS explained to younger metal bands, all the shit they can have if they're not carefull. All bad experiences, their trick, their bad lucks they had (their great times too!)......well it can be useful for the younger metal bands. I wish MMM will be interested to broadcast Anvil and their long saga. That's what I'm waiting for, not what happened in 198?.
              Tange
              tgalloca <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Despite the rarity of these, they are not hard to find. I bought 2