Re: [Academy of Anvil] Re: Merry Christmas...

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
      Yup, another recording would be great! I think Anvil wants to stay a bit in Ontario. It has been great to go in Germany, in Greece and through the States....but my opinion is that they have to play live in their own country. "We remember Anvil, but what the hell happened to them??" That's what people say, when you ask them if they know Anvil. It's promotor's fault, yeah...But now, they have been seen on Much More Music and they will play at "The Foundation": it's good for them. I'm sure they'll go in NY in 2003 to present SGS. I just hope to have the opportunity to hear some more of this album...in fact I would like to hear them all! Great songs, really!
      Now, everybody knows "Mothra" and "Jackhammer". But, I remember when they used to play those songs before they have been recorded in bars. It sounded good, but "weird", cos it was a new music, a new style, and a new sound...They never did their music like the other bands. That's the main reason why I like what they do.
      I don't like the 90's stuff, cos I don't like Speed Metal. I like when LIPS sings, I don't like when he yells. I'm not devoted, cos I'm not deaf (yes I am a bit .... ). I saw them when the things were not going well for them in the 80's. I was extremelely happy in 2002 to see them # 1 on stage. If they had been bad, you would know it.
      There's not a band who is "LIVE" like Anvil. No matter what the reviewers wrote, I repeat it: to like Anvil, you got to see them LIVE (at least once).
      HAPPY NEW YEAR ANVIL, AND ALL METAL POUNDERS!
      LOVE YOU ALL!
      Tange xoxoxox

      captain2man <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Yes...2002 was a big year of touring for Two Man Advantage. 2003
      will be a year of recording.....not sure how much I'll be on the road
      this coming year.

      I'm glad 2002 was so great for you....we all know how devoted you are
      to Anvil and their music....and I'm so happy that you got to see them
      play....and that they were so good.

      I don't think I saw Anvil in 2002.....I hope to see them at least
      once in 2003 - maybe at least one show in support of "Still Going
      Strong"...would love to hear some of those songs live.

      Anyway....here's to 2003!!!

      - Jeff