Merry Christmas...

  • Élaine
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 25, 2002
      To all of you...

      "To be or not to be", "To believe or not believe"; those are not the
      questions. Here's a time to appreciate the people around us, family,
      friends and also the food in the fridge that millions of people don't
      have. Just a time to appreciate to live in North America...Cos if
      we're rebel with all the opportunities that we have here, how would
      we be living in a place where people are killed everyday, houses
      destroyed and child living in the streets alone?

      For a moment, let's just appreciate the chance we have.

      Merry Christmas at all and like Ozzy use to say "If you drink, don't
      drive; take a taxi!"

      T:)
    • captain2man
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 27, 2002
        Tange,

        Merry Christmas to you, too.

        These are turbulent times to live in.....and as stressed out as
        Americans are these days....it's not even comparable to what must be
        going on in the heads of those who live in the Middle East, Africa,
        North & South Korea, etc., etc. -- those innocent people, people who
        are on the verge of being killed every day - not through any fault of
        their own other than where they happened to have been born -- they
        are the forgotten ones....so let's try NOT to forget....they are not
        the enemy.....let the leaders duke it out with swords in
        Antarctica....and let the other 99.9999% of the world live in peace,
        ya know??

        Anyway....thanks to Anvil - for years & years of incredible
        music....here's to many more.....I'm glad to have been a part of the
        family & made a contribution....even if it's in the smallest of ways.

        My New Years resolution is to get back into the action here on this
        board...but I know I say that all the time & then disappear for a few
        months.

        I'll try my best, though.

        - captain

        --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, Élaine <tangelaine2000@y...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 27, 2002
          Very well put.

          > These are turbulent times to live in.....and as stressed out as
          > Americans are these days....it's not even comparable to what must be
          > going on in the heads of those who live in the Middle East, Africa,
          > North & South Korea, etc., etc. -- those innocent people, people who
          > are on the verge of being killed every day - not through any fault of
          > their own other than where they happened to have been born -- they
          > are the forgotten ones....so let's try NOT to forget....they are not
          > the enemy.....let the leaders duke it out with swords in
          > Antarctica....and let the other 99.9999% of the world live in peace,
          > ya know??

        • Élaine
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 28, 2002
            Hey Jeff!

            On the road again? I decided for 2003 to live day by day and to not
            be stressed, ha! the joke!! But it's true...I'll try."I'm defiant".

            2002 has been great, because I saw Anvil live..I heard them! To see
            them was not the big difference, but to hear them, yeah! The only
            difference on stage is Lips's energy (he cut my breath). He's
            incredible...Robb is wonderful, the heart beat of the band.

            You're right, they gave me also maybe my best years with their music.
            I just hope to see them again... :)

            See ya, and come back on this board!

          • captain2man
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
              Yes...2002 was a big year of touring for Two Man Advantage. 2003
              will be a year of recording.....not sure how much I'll be on the road
              this coming year.

              I'm glad 2002 was so great for you....we all know how devoted you are
              to Anvil and their music....and I'm so happy that you got to see them
              play....and that they were so good.

              I don't think I saw Anvil in 2002.....I hope to see them at least
              once in 2003 - maybe at least one show in support of "Still Going
              Strong"...would love to hear some of those songs live.

              Anyway....here's to 2003!!!

              - Jeff

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
                Yup, another recording would be great! I think Anvil wants to stay a bit in Ontario. It has been great to go in Germany, in Greece and through the States....but my opinion is that they have to play live in their own country. "We remember Anvil, but what the hell happened to them??" That's what people say, when you ask them if they know Anvil. It's promotor's fault, yeah...But now, they have been seen on Much More Music and they will play at "The Foundation": it's good for them. I'm sure they'll go in NY in 2003 to present SGS. I just hope to have the opportunity to hear some more of this album...in fact I would like to hear them all! Great songs, really!
                Now, everybody knows "Mothra" and "Jackhammer". But, I remember when they used to play those songs before they have been recorded in bars. It sounded good, but "weird", cos it was a new music, a new style, and a new sound...They never did their music like the other bands. That's the main reason why I like what they do.
                I don't like the 90's stuff, cos I don't like Speed Metal. I like when LIPS sings, I don't like when he yells. I'm not devoted, cos I'm not deaf (yes I am a bit .... ). I saw them when the things were not going well for them in the 80's. I was extremelely happy in 2002 to see them # 1 on stage. If they had been bad, you would know it.
                There's not a band who is "LIVE" like Anvil. No matter what the reviewers wrote, I repeat it: to like Anvil, you got to see them LIVE (at least once).
                HAPPY NEW YEAR ANVIL, AND ALL METAL POUNDERS!
                LOVE YOU ALL!
                Tange xoxoxox

                captain2man <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Yes...2002 was a big year of touring for Two Man Advantage. 2003