Re: [Academy of Anvil] Re: Big Bad Ronnie James

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2002
      It's hard to believe that Motorhead has never "sucked" if they opened for Dio in 1996?? Why did they put seats in front the stage in a Motorhead show? Who will stay sitting listening to them LIVE, appreciating their best: old tunes... I would like to go back to Motorhead, but someone please post something to convince me that they are as good as they were before 1990. Give me song's titles, where I can get the lyrics. After listening to some mp3s, I will know if I can buy their stuff. Maybe they changed...I would change my mind.
      "KingX" has been misunderstood, underated and classified as "weird band" when they came just before Slayer last summer in Quebec City. Slayer has been qualified of "too heavy band". Can it describe well enough all the morons that are working in our Radio Stations. Maiden's show and Dio's one: "Crazy metal" they said!!! Maiden is crap, and Dio is ... not crazy! Not a reporter knows enough about metal to say something interesting about a metal band here. It wasn't like that before, but It became after the alternative attack.
      Radio Stations should shut up when they don't know about the music they're talking about. One of them is supposed to be the "TOP ROCK" because they play "Highway to hell" from AC/DC...EVERYDAY! @-@ They are the sponsor of those shows with Budweiser, and they have to make a report on them. But, they don't like this music. I've never known how was the KingX show, just that it was "weird". I will appreciate a report of their show too.
      Tange

      catdeli <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Dood, I saw DIO at the Palladium in Dec. '96. That is a good place
      for concerts, you can get right up to the stage because the floor is
      open but they have seats behind if you wanna sit, too. Yeah, when I
      saw DIO they had MOTORHEAD open for them and that is who I went to
      see! MOTORHEAD was an unstoppable force of nuclear proportions!!!!
      After that, DIO was like a fart in a phone booth! THEY SUCKED with
      that crappy Tracy G. on guitar. Unbearable! I left early. Who the
      hell can follow Motorhead onstage and expect to make an impression? I
      have seen many try and ALL FAIL!! Ozzy(with Randy!), Sabbath too!
      Forget it. DIO's Doug Aldrich is an amazing guitarist and Simon
      Wright on drums is a great player also. That damn King's X is the
      most under rated band of all time. A great show, I wish I could go!
      Don't forget to post a report, willya?

      catdeli

      Service.