Big Bad Ronnie James

  • xcygnusxyyzx <xcygnusxyyzx@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 10, 2002
      Hey Everyone this saturday im taking the train into the city to see
      RONNIE JAMES DIO and JIMMY BAIN at the palladium. its gonna be sweet
      cause KINGS X are opening and the only thing thats gonna suck is
      hammerfall are playing as well. The overkill website
      www.wreckingcrew.com has a new online forum i just joined as
      anviladict sorry names already taken. Hey by the way tange i hope
      their still isnt any friction between us. Tony ive decided your never
      going to see my special shirt ever its mine i tell you.
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 10, 2002
        No friction Dan at all...Have fun into the city, Dio is a great singer. Anyway, the man I have "frictions" with is a little bit older than you are ;-)
        Tange :))
        "xcygnusxyyzx <xcygnusxyyzx@...>" <xcygnusxyyzx@...> wrote:Hey Everyone this saturday im taking the train into the city to see

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 10, 2002

          > No friction Dan at all...Have fun into the city, Dio is a great
          singer. Anyway, the man I have "frictions" with is a little bit older
          than you are ;-)
          > Tange :))
          > "xcygnusxyyzx <xcygnusxyyzx@y...>" <xcygnusxyyzx@y...> wrote:Hey
          Everyone this saturday im taking the train into the city to see
          > RONNIE JAMES DIO and JIMMY BAIN at the palladium. its gonna be
          sweet
          > cause KINGS X are opening and the only thing thats gonna suck is
          > hammerfall are playing as well. The overkill website
          > www.wreckingcrew.com has a new online forum i just joined as
          > anviladict sorry names already taken. Hey by the way tange i hope
          > their still isnt any friction between us. Tony ive decided your
          never
          > going to see my special shirt ever its mine i tell you.

          Dood, I saw DIO at the Palladium in Dec. '96. That is a good place
          for concerts, you can get right up to the stage because the floor is
          open but they have seats behind if you wanna sit, too. Yeah, when I
          saw DIO they had MOTORHEAD open for them and that is who I went to
          see! MOTORHEAD was an unstoppable force of nuclear proportions!!!!
          After that, DIO was like a fart in a phone booth! THEY SUCKED with
          that crappy Tracy G. on guitar. Unbearable! I left early. Who the
          hell can follow Motorhead onstage and expect to make an impression? I
          have seen many try and ALL FAIL!! Ozzy(with Randy!), Sabbath too!
          Forget it. DIO's Doug Aldrich is an amazing guitarist and Simon
          Wright on drums is a great player also. That damn King's X is the
          most under rated band of all time. A great show, I wish I could go!
          Don't forget to post a report, willya?

          catdeli

          Service.

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 11, 2002
            It's hard to believe that Motorhead has never "sucked" if they opened for Dio in 1996?? Why did they put seats in front the stage in a Motorhead show? Who will stay sitting listening to them LIVE, appreciating their best: old tunes... I would like to go back to Motorhead, but someone please post something to convince me that they are as good as they were before 1990. Give me song's titles, where I can get the lyrics. After listening to some mp3s, I will know if I can buy their stuff. Maybe they changed...I would change my mind.
            "KingX" has been misunderstood, underated and classified as "weird band" when they came just before Slayer last summer in Quebec City. Slayer has been qualified of "too heavy band". Can it describe well enough all the morons that are working in our Radio Stations. Maiden's show and Dio's one: "Crazy metal" they said!!! Maiden is crap, and Dio is ... not crazy! Not a reporter knows enough about metal to say something interesting about a metal band here. It wasn't like that before, but It became after the alternative attack.
            Radio Stations should shut up when they don't know about the music they're talking about. One of them is supposed to be the "TOP ROCK" because they play "Highway to hell" from AC/DC...EVERYDAY! @-@ They are the sponsor of those shows with Budweiser, and they have to make a report on them. But, they don't like this music. I've never known how was the KingX show, just that it was "weird". I will appreciate a report of their show too.
            Tange