Re: Just a question...

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
      in regard to earthquakes:
      http://www.matter.org.uk/schools/Content/Seismology/shadow_zone.html

      Of course when Anvil sings of a "shadow zone" they are talking about
      the area around a nuclear explosion that is chock full of radiation.

      --- In academyofanvil@y..., Élaine <feedback2003@h...> wrote:
      > I didn't know that
      > scientific term in English (Shadow Zone), I'm glad you told me but I
      > would be very glad you tell me what is this...
    • Élaine
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
        I've really thought it was a term from Lip's imagination. If I
        understood, it is used to call a devasted area when there's a
        disaster. We say "zone sinistrée" it doesn't sound the same. Thank
        you Tony. :)
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
          I pictured "shadow zone" in my mind to be the place where the fallout
          from a nuclear blast contaminates the land, casting a "shadow", but I
          never looked into it further to see if it was an actual term.

          Explosivo!
          catdeli