To Lips (and others) / Where is everyone

  • lemmymania
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 20, 2002
      Hi all members of the academy !! This is Brice "lemmymania" from Lyon
      in France. No Lips, I haven't forgotten ANVIL at all, as for SGS I
      just can't find it in my town, and since I had my second child six
      months ago I'm often broke so don't have much money to spend on
      music....didn't even buy the latest MOTORHEAD album you can guess
      what it means for me from my internet nickname......But in my latest
      purchases last week I bought the German original issue of the METAL
      ON METAL vinyl album so ANVIL is still in my mind. I hoped you could
      do that show in France as it was planned a few months ago and even
      act as an interpreter of French/English for you if possible and
      needed.....You know I did everything I could to see you perform in
      France, last time it was at the Mulhouse Sunrise Festival in
      September 1983 but as you know it was cancelled, weather conditions
      among others. It was a big disappointment for the 15 years old
      teenager I was, much money spent for nothing, the bands must have
      been very disappointed too.....I think you could easily write a song
      about that "no-event finally" because some of your fans including
      France are "still going strong on your side" and did not lose the
      faith......not only me I could name others....Well, by the way, I
      have good connections with a friend that manages an e-zine with a
      paper edition as well, it's called "METAL INTEGRAL", the URL is :

      www.metal-integral.fr.st

      Sorry, it's in French but I'm going to do my best and find time to
      translate a part of the content in English and Italian as
      well.....The magazine would be very proud to make a mail-interview of
      Mister Lips himself.......Let me know if you would accept it.

      My mail : lemmymania@...
    • (no author)
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 20, 2002
        Yes, you're right they met there and "had a good time". I'm mad at the BYH
        2003 and at Wacken, they're going to know it on their guestbook or their
        forum... Plenty of Power had a new sound and new concept than Speed Metal,
        it was a good album (Ok). But, between you and I ~~~~> nothing to compare to
        "Still going Strong". I heard the sound they have now inside, but not open
        air... I saw them play! It's a "pro" show, but Anvil guys stayed like they
        were; they are not "big heads". They gave the band's list on their web site
        and just made me sick. Do you know how it sounds "Race against time" live?

        Whoooooooo! "Defiant", "In hell", etc. must be awesome! I just can't figure
        out they didn't have Anvil on the list!! Anyway, maybe it's a bad thing that
        will bring something better. This way, Anvil is going to play in America...
        in the nearest areas. I hope so! South America isn't bad, ha Éric? For South
        american's metalheads there, and Anvil too...Brazil is a very nice place to
        go and it's peaceful. What about the nice beaches that are so relaxing
        during OUR shitting winter in Canada. Anvil have to come back in Quebec, to
        go in USA and Ontario. Personaly I prefer to hear a 2 hours plenty of Anvil
        in a bar, than a 45 minutes outside. Only Bess was able to do a sound like
        that in a bar, he was great this guy!

        I wrote about LIPS birthday. He's going to be 48 years old in 2003. On stage
        he still looks like a kid with his guitar. The most funniest thing that I
        saw was the very young blondie pulling on LIPS leg at the second Encore at
        the show . She was after him! He still have his charms the old fox! They all
        look great on stage anyway... A whole package of cute men. I'm talking as a
        female fan. (It's good for the wives at home, it makes them jealous a bit!)

        Tange :)

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 20, 2002
          Good one! I didn' t find this one.. I only made a comparison between SATIVA
          and EASY LIVING. You're absolutely right... Éric, I can't use my ICQ unless
          I found the paper with my password on it. I sent a notification to tell them
          I lost my password, but I had no answer. Well I can't chat!!

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 20, 2002
            Hey, Tange.

            That's a shame. But you can always get a new UIN,
            though. : )

            Cheers.

            http://webhosting.yahoo.com