Uriah Heep on Stil Going Strong?

  • Eric Piccelli
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 19 11:56 PM
      Hey there.

      Has anyone noticed that the main riff of the song
      In Hell is very similar to the beginning of a Heep
      song called Gypsy? You can actually fit the lyrics of
      the Heep song to the Anvil Tune.

      "I was only seventeen, fell in love with a gypsy
      queen..."

      The song is great, though.

      Cheers.

      > LIPS, You thank members of the Heep on the new
      > CD. Give us the
      > story on that if it is not too personal. I love Heep
      > to death. Went
      > to see them over in NJ last month, one of the best
      > shows I have seen
      > in awhile.

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com
    • butterbust
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 20 12:11 PM
        --- In academyofanvil@y..., tgalloca <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        I remember that much, but I thought that there may be an interesting
        anecdote about the meeting, other than two legends colliding.

        > I thought they met at BYH in Germany in 2001
      • butterbust
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 20 12:24 PM
          --- In academyofanvil@y..., Eric Piccelli <saxon_maniac@y...> wrote:

          Excellent observation. I have been trying to place it ever since I
          heard it.
          Banished to this forsaken place
          To stare upon the demons face
          Fires burning, IN HELL

          > Hey there.
          >
          > Has anyone noticed that the main riff of the song
          > In Hell is very similar to the beginning of a Heep
          > song called Gypsy? You can actually fit the lyrics of
          > the Heep song to the Anvil Tune.
          >
          > "I was only seventeen, fell in love with a gypsy
          > queen..."
          >
          > The song is great, though.
          >
          > Cheers.
          >
          > > LIPS, You thank members of the Heep on the new
          > > CD. Give us the
          > > story on that if it is not too personal. I love Heep
          > > to death. Went
          > > to see them over in NJ last month, one of the best
          > > shows I have seen
          > > in awhile.

          > http://webhosting.yahoo.com
        • (no author)
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 20 12:31 PM
            It's just great to have Anvil on a DVD. I can't pretend Mad dog is my
            favorite song of all...I would lie. But, if you say it's a good box, it's
            time to make my Christmas gift's list...I must say that when I heard "Blood
            on the ice" live, I found the song 10 times better. It is a truth with Anvil
            ..whatever the songs they play on stage, it's always excellent, #1.

            P.S. LIPS, if Anvil would come in Quebec City to play....don't you ever say
            that you're hockey team is the Montreal's Canadians! Tell Maple Leafs or
            Blacks Hawks, but please don't mention Montreal Canadians. When we had the
            Nordiques (now Colarado's Avalanche), it was a real WAR between Montreal
            and Quebec, because of hockey and there's still a lot of people that hate
            Canadians (no kidding).....LOL...Be careful....