Re: We are still here!

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 19, 2002
      I thought they met at BYH in Germany in 2001

      > LIPS, You thank members of the Heep on the new CD. Give us the
      > story on that if it is not too personal. I love Heep to death. Went
      > to see them over in NJ last month, one of the best shows I have seen
      > in awhile.

    • Eric Piccelli
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 19, 2002
        Hey there.

        Has anyone noticed that the main riff of the song
        In Hell is very similar to the beginning of a Heep
        song called Gypsy? You can actually fit the lyrics of
        the Heep song to the Anvil Tune.

        "I was only seventeen, fell in love with a gypsy
        queen..."

        The song is great, though.

        Cheers.

        > LIPS, You thank members of the Heep on the new
        > CD. Give us the
        > story on that if it is not too personal. I love Heep
        > to death. Went
        > to see them over in NJ last month, one of the best
        > shows I have seen
        > in awhile.

        http://webhosting.yahoo.com
      • butterbust
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 20, 2002
          --- In academyofanvil@y..., tgalloca <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          I remember that much, but I thought that there may be an interesting
          anecdote about the meeting, other than two legends colliding.

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 20, 2002
            --- In academyofanvil@y..., Eric Piccelli <saxon_maniac@y...> wrote:

            Excellent observation. I have been trying to place it ever since I
            heard it.
            Banished to this forsaken place
            To stare upon the demons face
            Fires burning, IN HELL

            > Hey there.
            >
            > Has anyone noticed that the main riff of the song
            > In Hell is very similar to the beginning of a Heep
            > song called Gypsy? You can actually fit the lyrics of
            > the Heep song to the Anvil Tune.
            >
            > "I was only seventeen, fell in love with a gypsy
            > queen..."
            >
            > The song is great, though.
            >
            > Cheers.
            >
            > > LIPS, You thank members of the Heep on the new
            > > CD. Give us the
            > > story on that if it is not too personal. I love Heep
            > > to death. Went
            > > to see them over in NJ last month, one of the best
            > > shows I have seen
            > > in awhile.

            > http://webhosting.yahoo.com
          • (no author)
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 20, 2002
              It's just great to have Anvil on a DVD. I can't pretend Mad dog is my
              favorite song of all...I would lie. But, if you say it's a good box, it's
              time to make my Christmas gift's list...I must say that when I heard "Blood
              on the ice" live, I found the song 10 times better. It is a truth with Anvil
              ..whatever the songs they play on stage, it's always excellent, #1.

              P.S. LIPS, if Anvil would come in Quebec City to play....don't you ever say
              that you're hockey team is the Montreal's Canadians! Tell Maple Leafs or
              Blacks Hawks, but please don't mention Montreal Canadians. When we had the
              Nordiques (now Colarado's Avalanche), it was a real WAR between Montreal
              and Quebec, because of hockey and there's still a lot of people that hate
              Canadians (no kidding).....LOL...Be careful....