We are still here!

  • butterbust
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 19, 2002
      Hey Tange, good review of the show. I wish I was there. I got stuck
      in Boston that day and couldn't get up there in time. Maybe i will
      hit the Dec 7th Show.

      The album kicks ass and everyone I know who hears it likes it. Old
      fans and people who have never heard ANVIL before alike. I enjoy it
      the more I listen to it. Right now I've got new YNGWIE, new ANVIL &
      URIAH HEEP "Salisbury" in my 3 CD changer. Which brings me to a a
      question...

      LIPS, You thank members of the Heep on the new CD. Give us the
      story on that if it is not too personal. I love Heep to death. Went
      to see them over in NJ last month, one of the best shows I have seen
      in awhile.

      Just got back from PROGPOWER in Atlanta, GA with Gamma Ray, Blind
      Guardian, Edguy, Angra, Pain of Salvation, Threshold, Reading Zero,
      Devin Townsend and Zero Hour. Overall excellent show, Gamma Ray &
      Threshold, & Pain Of Salvation being the three big highlights.

      Just checking in I want to be up there in December for the gig.
      Are any other academy members going?
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 19, 2002
        I thought they met at BYH in Germany in 2001

        > LIPS, You thank members of the Heep on the new CD. Give us the
        > story on that if it is not too personal. I love Heep to death. Went
        > to see them over in NJ last month, one of the best shows I have seen
        > in awhile.

      • Eric Piccelli
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 19, 2002
          Hey there.

          Has anyone noticed that the main riff of the song
          In Hell is very similar to the beginning of a Heep
          song called Gypsy? You can actually fit the lyrics of
          the Heep song to the Anvil Tune.

          "I was only seventeen, fell in love with a gypsy
          queen..."

          The song is great, though.

          Cheers.

          > LIPS, You thank members of the Heep on the new
          > CD. Give us the
          > story on that if it is not too personal. I love Heep
          > to death. Went
          > to see them over in NJ last month, one of the best
          > shows I have seen
          > in awhile.

          http://webhosting.yahoo.com
        • butterbust
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 20, 2002
            --- In academyofanvil@y..., tgalloca <no_reply@y...> wrote:

            I remember that much, but I thought that there may be an interesting
            anecdote about the meeting, other than two legends colliding.

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 20, 2002
              --- In academyofanvil@y..., Eric Piccelli <saxon_maniac@y...> wrote:

              Excellent observation. I have been trying to place it ever since I
              heard it.
              Banished to this forsaken place
              To stare upon the demons face
              Fires burning, IN HELL

              > Hey there.
              >
              > Has anyone noticed that the main riff of the song
              > In Hell is very similar to the beginning of a Heep
              > song called Gypsy? You can actually fit the lyrics of
              > the Heep song to the Anvil Tune.
              >
              > "I was only seventeen, fell in love with a gypsy
              > queen..."
              >
              > The song is great, though.
              >
              > Cheers.
              >
              > > LIPS, You thank members of the Heep on the new
              > > CD. Give us the
              > > story on that if it is not too personal. I love Heep
              > > to death. Went
              > > to see them over in NJ last month, one of the best
              > > shows I have seen
              > > in awhile.

              > http://webhosting.yahoo.com
            • (no author)
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 20, 2002
                It's just great to have Anvil on a DVD. I can't pretend Mad dog is my
                favorite song of all...I would lie. But, if you say it's a good box, it's
                time to make my Christmas gift's list...I must say that when I heard "Blood
                on the ice" live, I found the song 10 times better. It is a truth with Anvil
                ..whatever the songs they play on stage, it's always excellent, #1.

                P.S. LIPS, if Anvil would come in Quebec City to play....don't you ever say
                that you're hockey team is the Montreal's Canadians! Tell Maple Leafs or
                Blacks Hawks, but please don't mention Montreal Canadians. When we had the
                Nordiques (now Colarado's Avalanche), it was a real WAR between Montreal
                and Quebec, because of hockey and there's still a lot of people that hate
                Canadians (no kidding).....LOL...Be careful....