Where is everyone

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 19, 2002
      I've been keeping an eye on the academy and it's been extremely
      quiet. Where is Metal Pounder, Lemmyrocknroll, Captain2man? Did you
      guys hate the new cd? lol What happened to JunJun?
      Anyway we've begun writing again, Bottom Feeded is the name of the
      new song. The gig went well as Tange said in her review(THANKS). I
      should tell you that our next show is at Sneaky Dee's in Toronto
      (College and Bathurst)on November 29th. We also have a show on
      December 7 in Oshawa at the Dungeon. Hope to see someone there...lol
    • Eric Piccelli
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 19, 2002
        Hey, Lips.

        Down here in Brasil the new disc is going well, I
        guess. People seem to like it very much, mainly
        because of the old-school guitar tones.

        I hope I can see you play here someday.

        Cheers.
        --- anvilips2000 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > I've been keeping an eye on the academy and it's
        > been extremely
        > quiet. Where is Metal Pounder, Lemmyrocknroll,
        > Captain2man? Did you
        > guys hate the new cd? lol What happened to JunJun?
        > Anyway we've begun writing again, Bottom Feeded is
        > the name of the
        > new song. The gig went well as Tange said in her
        > review(THANKS). I
        > should tell you that our next show is at Sneaky
        > Dee's in Toronto
        > (College and Bathurst)on November 29th. We also have
        > a show on
        > December 7 in Oshawa at the Dungeon. Hope to see
        > someone there...lol

        http://webhosting.yahoo.com
      • (no author)
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 19, 2002
          I wanted to write the same thing... I loved the gig really !!! Damn who is
          in charge of the sound, that was incredible! You know, Metal Pounder,
          Lemmyrocknroll and the other members that used to write didn't stop to write
          because of the new CD. You know it's the best Anvil did since a long time.
          Metal Pounder is at University, he must rush like hell and maybe his
          interests changed. Lemmyrocknroll is maybe working very hard...Junjun is a
          secretary, she got two jobs and rushes too. Captain is in on Tour...

          I worked in another shopping center and went to HMV and I didn't see "Still
          going Strong", well I asked for it :) You know that Shopping Center, I think
          .."Place Laurier". I work at "Galeries de la Capitales" and the HMV ain't
          got the "Still going strong". I asked for it. I wait the changes of staff
          and I return to ask .... maniac you said? I'm just an Anvil fan. As far as I
          remember, the first heavy metal show I saw was a band called Lips. After it
          was Anvil, but the fact to know and to see Anvil in bars can make a
          difference between two kinds of fans. The fans who saw Anvil in festivals in
          Germany and the fans that were in the 80's seeing you evoluate from bars to
          big stages. We had (as Anvil) bad and good experiences, cos the 80's were
          damn tough! So, to be an Anvil fan, you got to be margin...a bit crazy..
          humble... have a good sense of humour... a good ear for the music and to be
          opened mind.

          If the people that posted here stopped, it's because they got something
          missing. It's their problem LIPS... not ours; the real fans ;-) Don't
          worry, I remember your birthday is March 2... We won't forget you! It's a
          lot of GIGS! Let's go Anvil, I will copy Tony's page on my Geocities Metal
          Pounders. I will go on the message boards and on the forums about metal
          music shows to announce the gigs.

          I heard your best guitar solos in Montreal, my heart was ready to explode.
          Robb is a master now, why G5 and Ivan were not there in the 80's? Thank you
          guys! It was great, great and great! I got all the show in my mind now cos
          the 80's are gone and I was ..... straight!!!!

          Tange

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 19, 2002
            I will update the page with the gig info in the next couple of days.

            As for your new song...do you mean "Bottom Feeder"?

            --- In academyofanvil@y..., anvilips2000 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > I've been keeping an eye on the academy and it's been extremely
            > quiet. Where is Metal Pounder, Lemmyrocknroll, Captain2man? Did you
            > guys hate the new cd? lol What happened to JunJun?
            > Anyway we've begun writing again, Bottom Feeded is the name of the
            > new song. The gig went well as Tange said in her review(THANKS). I
            > should tell you that our next show is at Sneaky Dee's in Toronto
            > (College and Bathurst)on November 29th. We also have a show on
            > December 7 in Oshawa at the Dungeon. Hope to see someone there...lol
          • slugguit
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 21, 2002
              Hi Lips, sorry I missed the show in MTL - I have a new job and was
              working early the next morning and all - I would have really enjoyed
              seeing you guys as it's been a while. I would have liked to meet up
              with Tange too. Take care, Jerry

              --- In academyofanvil@y..., anvilips2000 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > I've been keeping an eye on the academy and it's been extremely
              > quiet.
            • captain2man
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 27, 2002
                Hey Lips,

                The Captain is still here....lurking from time-to-time.

                This message board is busier than I ever could have imagined it when
                I first set it up for you guys.....that's awesome, on one hand...and
                almost impossible for me to keep up with, on the other hand.

                Anyway...yeah - I was on tour for awhile, and I also moved....and I
                currently do not own a computer - which makes keeping up with this
                message board all the more difficult.

                I did finally get my VINYL copy of "Still Going Strong"....and it's
                awesome - as I expected. Maybe a more in-depth review will come in
                the future.

                Any plans for any NY area shows?? I'll keep my eyes posted on the
                website, I guess.

                Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

                Here's to some Anvil touring in the New Year!

                - captain

                --- In academyofanvil@yahoogroups.com, anvilips2000 <no_reply@y...>