got my.......

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2002
      got my Canadian (Hypnotic) pressings of SGS today
    • (no author)
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2002
        ......got my bus ticket! I hope they'll play Mothra!!! :)) I'm going early,
        I want to shop in Montreal....I can't believe I'm going to see Anvil live!

        Tange :)

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 9, 2002
          Powerpack – The Anvil is going STRONG
          I entered at The Medley at 9:30, no big crowd and I'm not surprised.
          St-Denis Street is a "Jet Set" place, where we can find a lot of "dancing
          fools" (Gays too!). The Medley is a BIG bar, two stairs and a lot of place
          in front of the stage. The stage got just a right size, and I found its
          height just perfect. Looking around in the dark just before Hanker’s guys
          began their gig, who was in the crowd talking to one and another??….and he
          talks!!! LIPS! I couldn’t believe my eyes, because in the 80’s he used to
          stay backstage before a show and he was a kind of shy…..Maybe he was more
          nervous at this period. But now, believe me he’s relaxed and likes to
          evaluate" the crowd. He didn’t recognize me, so I had to take his arm and
          yelled "Hey Lips, it’s me Élaine!" Then, we hugged friendly and he started
          to talk so fast, that I didn’t understand a word he said…Writing in English
          is a thing but speaking is something else. "We don’t stay here, follow me!"
          he said! Here we are backstage, AH! Sativa was backstage too... He was happy
          and I went to see Rob (no talking…but we exchanged some few words LOL). He
          has always been like that, Mister Reiner didn’t change. Younger, I was
          afraid of him because he never talked and looked at me with his sad eyes!
          Last night I just realized that he was a drummer, and what a drummer!
          Drummers communicates a lot of their thoughts, feelings and emotions to
          their drums. They are passionate persons, but keep a lot inside. LIPS was
          keeping on talking, it was so funny to hear him after 16 years. He’s got a
          lot to say and asked me "Do you remember this…" "Do you remember that……".
          LIPS got some ways He changed and he’s a very happy person now, it shows in
          his face! Younger, he kept things inside, and now it’s the opposite. I had
          the honor to meet G5 and Ivan. Ivan was taking a nap (trying to….) cos he
          drove many hours. He’s got a "baby face" but on stage, he’s the one that
          looks "tough" and he’s an excellent guitarist. G5 really looks like Genghis
          Khan and PLAY BASS (yessss!)…Let’s see how ANVIL looks like on stage and if
          the sound is good after 16 years out of my territory.
          11:20
          Hanker finished a bit late and I am in front of the stage, but far enough to
          hear the vocals. I didn’t notice how many people in there…..some were going
          and others arrived. Rob testes his drums, Lips his guitar…He played a part
          of "Blackout" to test his guitar. Fans are in front the stage and some
          decided to stay on their asses at the bar….100 or 150 or 200 (I really can’t
          evaluate a crowd). Then here it goes!
          They started with "March of the crabs", "Jackhammer"…The bar got empty and
          everybody were on the floor or in front the stage banging their head or
          playing imaginary guitar".. Incredible…Let’s forget about the Anvil of the
          80’s !! The band I saw is not the same! Reiner, Lips…..are just magnificent
          by their way to play. I couldn’t breath, I was like in another space (in my
          time machine). Ivan and G5 makes the difference, and I knew it before to see
          the show. Loud, precise, synchronism, and…SOUND! What a sound, doods!! Lips
          is in shape like I’ve never seen him before…he was 30 years old and wasn’t
          stepping like that.
          I understood last night the importance of a good "chemistry" between the
          members of a band. I’m sure that LIPS feels better with Ivan beside him,
          than Allison. It shows! G5 plays his bass guitar a way very "powerful" and
          all that together, it gives the best Anvil show I’ve never seen. Young
          people that didn’t know Anvil, stayed after Rob’s "White Rhino" and finished
          to bang their head! A little wooden stairs was in front of the stage and
          LIPS came doing the crazy guy to make some guitar solos. He talks between
          the songs…and he talks!! He didn’t insist about www.anvilmetal.tk to get the
          new CD. LIPS: when you talk to French people, don’t talk so fast please. WE
          DON’T UNDERSTAND. Great great great show, it was expensive the hotel, the
          bus and all…..but SEE ANVIL ANDLIVE AND DIE (It’s an expression, I don’t
          feel like dying!). I don’t have the playlist. I remember the songs but not
          in order. Forgive me if I forgot some, I was under a emotive shock. Where
          was "Plenty of Power"?? It’s has been years since Anvil came in the province
          of Québec, and I understood why they played a lot of songs from the first
          albums.
          March of the crabs
          Jackhammer
          Smoking green
          Free as the wind
          Paper general
          Race against time
          Forged in Fire
          White Rhino
          School love (for the old fans LOL)
          Blood on the ice
          Metal on Metal
          Encores:
          666
          Mothra!!! Yessssss……..indeed! (It was hell on the floor people (I’m
          included) were getting insane!)
          Before the second encore I went near the stage showing my eyes like "Play me
          my song!"… and they did. Great band! He came on the floor at the end of all
          and I had another hug for me, yep! My brother LIPS is a good guy. ANVIL is
          a band completely different from the others. And if you know that Anvil
          –plays in your town, you’ll have the chance to see THE LAST REAL METAL BAND.

          Tange (…in a small town out of the destiny…)