Re: [Academy of Anvil] french festival featuring Anvil delayed (canceled?)

  • Élaine R.
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2002
      I'm a bit shy to say that I had some problems at first with "Holy Wood". The
      song had something weird for me... It wasn't because of the lyrics, I know
      that LIPS doesn't like the religious topics, he expressed it on the board
      around September 11, last year. I wonder why he uses a stoop to play guitar
      ???

      I like it now and I discovered very interesting drum's beats and guitar
      riffs...Then, I appreciated the song. I can count on my 11 fingers the Cds I
      can let play without skipping a song (when I don't like I just skip the
      tune). "Stained Class" is in my 11 Top Ten, and now with "Still Going Strong
      I will need another finger or to disqualify another top 11.

      That was my biggest surprise to be able to really like all the songs...the
      concept of the album and the scenery; Old Greece, hey! "Metal on Metal": I
      used to skip Tag team, Scenery and Stop me....Forged in Fire; Butterbust
      jerky, Future wars and Make it up to you.I find it very strange that the
      reviewers always return at those two albums. I prefer the sound, the beat,
      the songs and the production of SGS. "What I'm about" is plenty of guitar
      and drum's surprises...

      There's a lot of experience that Anvil didn't have in the 80's that shows on
      this Cd, and it shows. Pierre Remillard (Un québécois!) is an excellent
      producer. Well, once I wrote that "more it was taking long, more it was good
      .....SGS's recording has been long, but I'm so glad about the results and I
      hope that Anvil is too! Let's schedule some gigs now....

      Tange :)