The French review

  • Élaine R.
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2002
      I went on Tony's page for the reviews and I saw one from France. It's a good
      review (7.5), except the guy found the White Rhino "without interest". I
      guess it's because he never had the chance to see and hear Robb making a
      drum solo! I think that Anvil have to go in France...to update the Frogs!
      Most of the reviewers finished their reviews with "Anvil's fan are going to
      love..". Isn't it stupid to write this? These guys described the album like
      an excellent or a good album and only Anvil's fans are going to love it..
      wow!

      Élaine

    • the_fangface
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2002
        Hello Tange, it seems you're refering to my review ;)

        Well yes I don't see the point of having a drum solo on an album, but
        that's only MY opinion you know...
        No doubt about the fact that Robb is a great drummer, it's just I
        don't like this kind of stuff on a studio album, and even live most
        of the time.
        It recalls me that last week Mike Terrana did a 20 (!!) minutes drum
        solo, live with Rage...oooch! ;)
        Anyway I really enjoy Still Going Strong, and I "broadcast" (what's
        the right english word?) some songs of it on my local metal radio
        program.

        And I've never said that only Anvil fans will like it, but sometimes
        you are very disapointed by your favorite bands, don't you? ;) (For
        example the last Scanner album for me...)
        Ok I maybe meant "mainly Anvil fans"...why? Because I know so few
        metalheads here who like Anvil, sorry to tell you that...nearly each
        time I try to make them discover it's like "duh, it's boring, sorry I
        don't like it..."
        No offense in my words, but Anvil is too "old school" for most french
        Metal fans I think...damn them! :)

        By the way very few french websites talk about Anvil, so I hope some
        Metal fans visiting mine will wonder about the band and try to have a
        listen... ;)

        Flo