John Erigo

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2002
      Has anyone out there ever heard of a magazine called Kick Ass
      Monthly? Well this was a very early New York area magazine. In fact
      it may have been the only metal mag in it's day in 82. It was run by
      a guy by the name of Bob Muldowney, who has since left the magazine
      business and I haven't seen him in about 15 years. This magazine at
      one point in time was one of the biggest authorities of Heavy Metal.
      Eventually many other magazines followed and Bob lost interest in
      continueing. I think that in every issue for about 3 years in a row
      there was mention of Anvil. One of the other main contributors to
      this magazine was John Erigo. He and Bob were huge fans of Anvil in
      the early days and I got to know them through those years ,
      particularly when we used to play at La Amours in Brooklyn. John is
      also a guitar player and I've heard a cd he recorded a couple of
      years back, Dead End Kids, it was sort of like Kiss, quite Rock n
      Roll, metal edged but I don't think it's still together. In any case
      he had emailed me at the end of July when I had just returned from
      mixing SGS, and of course I was really excited at the time and I felt
      like telling him what I thought at that moment. I'm of course glad to
      see a fan of so many years still into what Anvil is doing. Let's hear
      it for OLD FANS