Re: [Academy of Anvil] Re: strenght of steele

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2002
      When this Group was a "Club", we had an interesting picture album.Yahoo lost it in the transfer... It showed the negs of this pic's session. Incredible all the shots they took. The best was with "The beast", Lips's Bulldog...To be honnest, I didn't like the pic on the album either when I bought it, cos they looked like Dan described and like a "hairy commercial band". I thought they were all showing their "Mister Hide's side". On FiF, the pics were so great...
      However, who in this world doesn't look a bit ridiculous on a pic? I have some of the 80's that I will NEVER show!!! Just one shot, ooops! But I agree it was a mistake to choose that one, but "the time machine" doesn't exist and we can't go in the past to fix some things we don't like.But, Lips is great in his bondage kit, lol! I saw him play once in 1986 with white thight pants, plenty of red lips kisses on it...I don't know how I did to shut up and scream:" Please Lips, wear something else!!!" I was a bit "dazed" that night, but I think the FlyingV too was on the same model; white with red kisses. Oh damn!
      Tange :)
      tgalloca wrote:I don't think the band is too thrilled with that pic. In fact when
      they rereleased the CD a few years back they used a different pic.

      As for the trade....you ask too much.

      --- In academyofanvil@y..., "moshkingdanvil" <anviladict@s...> wrote:
      > I just got strength of steele unopened on vinyl
      > but guess what I opened it and listened to it.
      > I also looked on the back and saw a totally ridiculous
      > picture of the band.
      >
      > Lips is wearing some outfit. Like bondage marching band.
      > while dave allison looks like he has a bear belly.
      > Robb riener looks miserable. "I just play drums not dress up" thats
      > probably what hes thinking.
      > and Ian Dicksons like "only really really really toughguys where
      > belly shirts"
      >
      > hahahaha best goddamn picture of anvil I have ever seen.
      >
      > oh well hey Tony do you still want to trade that power metal gods
      > shirt
      >
      > I want for it Speed of Sound shirt. and Twenty years of real metal
      > shirt
      >
      > plus metal on metal on cd. if this is a good trade let me know.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT