Re: [Academy of Anvil] Reveiws?

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2002
      Well, I remember 1983...and the critics. I had a friend that spoke English at the time and he used to translate to us the reviews. He died in a motorcycle accident in 1985. All the critics weren't good, and it's a fact. They didn't understand the whole album, and they reproach that the sound was too clear. Now with the Cds, we obtain exactly the same sound...and it is well appreciated.
      I'm glad Lips isn't down, cos I am cripes! I don't understand they could write that. They have just listened with prejudices. It's like when you go at a party with the certitude that it's going to be boring....you don't have fun! You're mind was done before you arrived there....
      The biggest support of a band is not a website, but friends and fans (family). A reviewer hates to be criticized. Just take your keyboard and type guys! Find where they are wrong and let them know that Anvil got supporters. Just to laff at their ignorance, cos they're clowns. Except Oli that had the reflex to answer me defending his point of view. I sent him LIPS's message to show that as a reviewer, it's important what he writes.
      I answered them, it brings me peace of mind ... :) cos that's all I can do.
      Tange :)
      anvilips2000 wrote:Holy Wood Holy Shit!! Can you beleive how bad that reveiw was? It
      makes me wonder how someone could be so stupid. I'm not surprized,
      you should read some of the reveiws for Forged in Fire, particularly
      Kerrang in 83. It was chopped to bits, the reveiw slowed our sales
      and caused extreme turmoil with our lable and management. In the end
      we all know what happened, the album was received the best out of all
      our cds but at the time it caused great dispair, to the point that it
      effected our attitudes, especially Dave Allison. We lost a bit of
      direction and then soon after our record deal.
      I find it humorous that , Thomas at massacre said to me, I wish you
      guys would deliver me another Forged in Fire....Be careful what you
      wish for!!!!
      If there is one thing I've learned, never read the comic book metal
      mags, collect the pictures and throw away the articles. Even when it
      is hype I tend to not beleive it. They always carve Motorhead good or
      bad, I don't think Gene Simmons has ever read a good reveiw on
      anything Kiss has ever done. I think if every article was bad we
      would be the biggest thing since sliced bread. Here is hoping....lol

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT