Slayer kicks Quebec City.

  • �laine
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 4, 2002
      Hell no I wasn't there,

      They fulled the Agora and presented the show (1:40 min.) with 24 Marshall
      ampl. The promotors of this show were so nuts on the radio today, in fact
      the promotors were the radio station itself. Their were making comparison
      between Dio and Slayer, like it was the same kind of music (???). A friend
      of mine told me it was excellent and powerful. They are a lot more serious
      (like other people we know in the Academy) that they were in the 80's....and
      sober! They gave a kick ass show. People came for all kind of places from my
      province to see them. It was open air.

      As I was working today, I heard the morons at the radio trying to make
      ridiculous a show like that, some serious metalheads with a moderated
      language called to make them understand the difference between AC/DC,
      Metallica, Slayer and Dio. Those djs are 25 or 26 years old, well it means
      that they were 7 years old when this band was at its best. I was glad to
      hear a guy who phoned to mention it...in other words: they didn't know what
      they were talking about. My funny town!

      No....I don't have the playlist and ...no I'm not a Slayer fan! I saw them
      in 1984 in a festival at the Maurice Richard Arena in Montreal with Metal
      Church, Celtic Frost and Megadeth ( I think). I've never been "moved" by
      their music. It's loud ok, but I didn't any vibes in my soul, only decibels.

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 4, 2002
        I'll be seeing them in Minneapolis on Saturday. They are playing with
        In Flames and Soulfly.

        I love Slayer!!! My second fave after Anvil of course.
        This will be the first time I have seen them.
      • (no author)
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 4, 2002
          Well Tony, we'll miss you when we'll be rocking on "Race against time" and
          Mothra" at Montreal. I was planning a brunch in the Chinatown (kidding,
          erk!)Minneapolis is near Thunder Bay, maybe? You still break my heart, dood.

          Tange :)

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 5, 2002
            --- In academyofanvil@y..., tgalloca <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > I'll be seeing them in Minneapolis on Saturday. They are playing
            with
            > In Flames and Soulfly.
            >
            > I love Slayer!!! My second fave after Anvil of course.
            > This will be the first time I have seen them.

            Seeing Slayer, ahh, yes. I have worshipped at their black altar on
            many occasions(once in '87 with W.A.S.P. & Raven!) but it was to
            atone for my sin of seeing STRYPER in '86!
            Then I saw Armored Saint and Metal Church, so I made up for that with
            concerts by Black Sabbath and Judas Priest.
            Still in fear for my soul, I saw Angel and Utopia and I was saved!
            But NO, then came shows by Kingdom Come, Faith No More and more
            Sabbath!
            I was doomed until the clouds parted and a vision of Genesis,
            Testament, Exodus and finally, Utopia brought me to Heaven. I prayed
            to see The Godz but it never came to pass....oh woe is me...

            See, this is the kind of post that happens when it's 5AM and I can't
            get to sleep...all the inmates in this Coney Hatch are moaning and
            screaming....."Lee!,,n-nurse Arron, *cough* pleeease,,,m-m-my
            medication???..... . . . . . . . .

            catdevil
          • (no author)
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 5, 2002
              It' 7 in the morning Catdeli, but I can read....maybe I'll get my hair red
              after all! LOL (No way!)

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 5, 2002
                Yes Minneaplois is much closer. It is about a 6 hour drive. I am going
                to fly because even that is to long to drive for me.

                I have been looking at flying to Montreal in November. Who knows?

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 5, 2002
                  I would love to have seen Armored Saint....horribly underated band.

                  Mmmmmm Lee Aaron....yummy

                  > Seeing Slayer, ahh, yes. I have worshipped at their black altar on
                  > many occasions(once in '87 with W.A.S.P. & Raven!) but it was to
                  > atone for my sin of seeing STRYPER in '86!
                  > Then I saw Armored Saint and Metal Church, so I made up for that with
                  > concerts by Black Sabbath and Judas Priest.
                  > Still in fear for my soul, I saw Angel and Utopia and I was saved!
                  > But NO, then came shows by Kingdom Come, Faith No More and more
                  > Sabbath!
                  > I was doomed until the clouds parted and a vision of Genesis,
                  > Testament, Exodus and finally, Utopia brought me to Heaven. I prayed
                  > to see The Godz but it never came to pass....oh woe is me...
                  >
                  > See, this is the kind of post that happens when it's 5AM and I can't
                  > get to sleep...all the inmates in this Coney Hatch are moaning and
                  > screaming....."Lee!,,n-nurse Arron, *cough* pleeease,,,m-m-my
                  > medication???..... . . . . . . . .
                  >
                  > catdevil
                • (no author)
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 5, 2002
                    Great Tony, would be nice to meet you! Damage that we are not sure that
                    Catdeli will be there yet....mmmm.

                    Tange :))

                    Yes Minneaplois is much closer. It is about a 6 hour drive. I am going
                    to fly because even that is to long to drive for me.

                    I have been looking at flying to Montreal in November. Who knows?

                    --- In academyofanvil@y..., "Élaine" <prot@m...> wrote:
                    > Well Tony, we'll miss you when we'll be rocking on "Race against
                    time" and
                    > Mothra" at Montreal. I was planning a brunch in the Chinatown (kidding,
                    > erk!)Minneapolis is near Thunder Bay, maybe? You still break my
                    heart, dood.

                    > Tange :)

                  • captain2man
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 18, 2002
                      Hey Tony,

                      Do you live near Minneapolis??

                      Two Man Advantage will be playing in Minneapolis on our upcoming
                      tour....I will post tour dates on this site....I'm the founder - I
                      get to do what I want!!! (lol)

                      Would love to see some fellow Academy members....

                      - jeff

                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 18, 2002
                        It's a 6 hour drive or a $300-$400 plane ride. As much as it would be
                        cool to meet you and see your band play....not happening.

                        by the way ... thanks for the reviews....I'll be adding them to the
                        page now

                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 19, 2002
                          Yeah - I should have kept reading before I posted that - because I
                          saw later on about you flying down there.

                          Oh well....

                          But - if anyone else on this board lives in the U.S. between the east
                          coast & the midwest...I'd definitely be into meeting you on tour.

                          Like I said...I'll post the tour dates soon.

                          - jeff