I found the "Massacre" SGS review...

  • �laine
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 31, 2002
      "After god only knows how many years the band is still releasing albums and
      still playing some straight forward thrash metal. This time they have gone
      for a slower approach, getting a bit away from their speed metal roots and
      making the songs a bit heavier, plus we are glad to report this is actually
      a much better album than their previous one. Their heavy, bay area inspired,
      thrash metal will certainly make a few heads turn back, their way, again.
      Don't expect an album equal to their earlier releases back in the 80s, but
      expect a decent thrash metal album with many good songs and some really
      interesting ideas. An album worth their name on the cover and an album that
      honors the history of the band. To be absolutely honest I was so
      disappointed from their previous album, that when I got the new one I didn't
      know what to expect and listened it half heartedly. But it's actually good
      and I am glad to report it. Definitely worth checking it out." 7/10

      Massacre (but "who" from Massacre???) I checked if all those who were under
      Massacre records had a 7 or a 8, but no..the guy seems sincere.

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 31, 2002
        What is the address (URL) of this review?
      • (no author)
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 31, 2002
          Good question

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 31, 2002
            http://www.tombstone.gr/cdreview.htm

            :)

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 31, 2002
              They gave SGS a 7/10.
              Last year they fave POP a 3/10

              http://www.tombstone.gr/archive/archive-a1.htm

              --- In academyofanvil@y..., "Élaine" <prot@m...> wrote:
              > http://www.tombstone.gr/cdreview.htm
              >
              > :)

            • Eric Piccelli
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 1, 2002
                Hey there.

                Still Going Strong will be the first Anvil record
                to be officially released in Brasil (through a label
                called Hellion Records). Finally! : )

                Does it mean that the band is going to play here
                in the near future??? I sure hope so. I'm getting
                tired of all the videos, hehe.

                Cheers

                sh
                ===
                Piccelli, Eric
                ICQ #5545663
                ===

                http://finance.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 1, 2002
                  Where did you hear this? Do you know the date of release?

                  I found the Hellion Records website but found no reference to Anvil.
                  Of course I could't actually read it being that it is in Portuguese.

                  Any info would be appreciated?

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 1, 2002
                    Found it on the Hellion site.

                    NOVO ÁLBUM DO ANVIL
                    Divulgada a capa do novo trabalho do Anvil "Still Going Strong", que
                    será lançado no Brasil pela Hellion Records no final de Julho.

                    So apparantly it was to happen at the end of July. Of course since
                    Massacre bumped it to end of August, Hellion would have to wait as well.

                    I'd like to confirm if this is going to happen or not.
                  • Eric Piccelli
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 2, 2002
                      --- tgalloca <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                      > Found it on the Hellion site.

                      Hellion has put some ads on local metal magazines,
                      but they don't mention any release date.

                      I think the CD will be available by the end of
                      october.

                      The fact is that Hellion usually takes quite a
                      while to put new albums in the market. That's common.
                      But they do release them.

                      Cheers.

                      sh
                      ===
                      Piccelli, Eric
                      ICQ #5545663
                      ==

                      http://finance.yahoo.com
                    • Eric Piccelli
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 2, 2002
                        Hey there.

                        Last night I saw old rockers Kreator and
                        Destruction, and I must tell you they totally rock!

                        Don't miss them in the States if you have the
                        chance to see one of their gigs (they're going to
                        co-headline several dates).

                        The butcher strikes back!

                        Cheers.

                        sh
                        ===
                        Piccelli, Eric
                        ICQ #5545663
                        ===

                        http://finance.yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 2, 2002
                          I emailed Hellion and they said in three weeks.

                          --- In academyofanvil@y..., Eric Piccelli <saxon_maniac@y...> wrote:
                          > --- tgalloca <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                          > > Found it on the Hellion site.
                          >
                          > Hellion has put some ads on local metal magazines,
                          > but they don't mention any release date.
                          >
                          > I think the CD will be available by the end of
                          > october.
                          >
                          > The fact is that Hellion usually takes quite a
                          > while to put new albums in the market. That's common.
                          > But they do release them.
                          >
                          > Cheers.
                          >
                          > sh
                          > ===
                          > Piccelli, Eric
                          > ICQ #5545663
                          > ==

                          > http://finance.yahoo.com
                        • Eric Piccelli
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 2, 2002
                            --- tgalloca <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                            > I emailed Hellion and they said in three weeks.

                            Hey

                            I hope so. But I won't believe them until I see
                            the CD in the store. :o)P

                            Trust me, they're always late.

                            Cheers.

                            sh