Show Promotion

  • butterbust
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2002
      Captain,

      Without getting too bent out of shape, the shows at Castle
      Heights were very heavily promoted in print media and flyers. The
      flyers were distributed at the normal locales (local record shops,
      local clubs, internet mailing list). The public can be fickle.

      It is unfortunate that the shows were not more successful. I
      have been doing three or four shows a month for the last four years,
      and my track record has been pretty good. Every once in a while you
      take a hit.

      I just felt the need to say something. I love ANVIL and metal in
      general, and doing my part to help quality rock n roll get across is
      my main concern. I am not trying to start a dialogue, I just wanted
      to make the point that I promoted those shows to the best of my
      ability at the time.

      All the best, Howie (buterbust)
    • captain2man
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9, 2002
        Howie,

        I apologize if I made it sound like my diatribe on flyering had to do
        directly with your show.

        Naturally.....I have no idea how you promoted that
        show.....naturally, as a fellow Academy member - I take you at your
        word.....and - yes - sometimes it seems like no matter how much
        promotion you do, the show turnout is still weak.

        Really......what I meant to say regarding promotion of shows was
        really just in a general sense. I don't think people realize how
        much work it takes to get the word out about a show. It's tough
        business......and I really do commend you on all you've done with
        that place.

        Sorry if I offended you.....it wasn't my intention.

        Thanks for straightening me out!

        - jeff

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 9, 2002
          Captain,

          I did not mean to come across as gruff or caustic, but I take
          this stuff seriously. I know that you understand the pitfalls and
          triumphs of the situation since you are in a working band.

          Looking forward to SGS and hopefuly some shows in the area of
          NYC. See you there.