Hello everyone......new album approaching!!!

  • captain2man
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2002
      Hey everyone,

      It's your humble founder.....how is everyone??

      These are exciting times......another year - another Anvil
      record....I for one am psyched about what the boys have been up to.

      LIPS.......I do hope you'll come down & play at least one show down
      here in support of the record. Do you guys have any plans to tour
      the record??

      So.....a few Anvil notes:

      Remember the band Zebra?? Well......those guys are still going
      strong & have a great cult following on Long Island (which is where
      they've been based since they moved here from New Orleans in
      about '83).

      In any case - King Biscuit Flower Hour put out a live CD of theirs
      recently - and - at the end - they do an interview & they discuss the
      shows which made up the King Biscuit shows. And, Randy Jackson
      (vocalist/guitarist) mentions remembering that they played with Anvil
      down here in NY for one of the shows that was recorded for the King
      Biscuit series.

      Another thing....Eddie Trunk runs the BEST heavy metal radio show in
      the New York City area. If you're ever in the area - he does "Friday
      Night Rocks", Fridays from 11 p.m. - 2 a.m., and then "Saturday Night
      Rocks", Saturdays from 10 p.m. - 2 a.m. (although - both nights he
      usually goes way longer). He does the show on WNEW - 102.7 FM.

      He's got a HUGE audience......in any case - I had e-mailed him a few
      years ago begging him to announce an Anvil show on the air, and to
      play some Anvil.

      I'm not sure whether or not he ever announced the show - but he did e-
      mail me back saying that he didn't have any Anvil to play.

      About a year later - I was listening to his show, and I was VERY
      excited to hear him play "Metal on Metal" on the air.

      It's now about a year past that - and something he said on the air
      (non-Anvil related) prompted me to e-mail him again (keep in mind
      that his listener base now is WAY bigger than it was 2 years ago when
      I initially e-mailed him)......I reminded him that I was the diehard
      Anvil fan who had e-mailed him a couple of years ago.

      I didn't really expect to get a response back, since I figure he must
      get hundreds of e-mails a day....but, sure enough, I got an e-mail
      from him the following day.....he totally wants a CD copy of "Metal
      on Metal"......so I'm going to try to hook him up. Man....next time
      you guys come through town, I'm telling you......he'll announce your
      show - that would be pretty huge promotion right there........maybe
      you could even arrange a quick on-air interview or something....he
      does on-air interviews all the time.

      OK......that's it from me.......

      Oh......did I mention how psyched I am for the new record?????
    • (no author)
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 7, 2002
        Hey Captain!

        Damn... How are you? You know about this guy at the Radio..MoM is a great
        album, but last years Anvil's albums are great too. The next will be
        different but I have a good feeling. Why this guy doesn't play something
        else that MoM? FiF, PoP, PfP? On every Anvil album there's always (for sure)
        2 excellent tunes! We're in 2002, and MoM got 20 years old..but Anvil's guys
        are just great, better than they were in 1982. I know: I was there...

        Take care captain,

        Tange :)

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8, 2002
          Hi Elaine,

          I am well....maybe I'll actually be a little more active now (but, I
          know - I always say that).

          Well....I did make the offer to hook him up with the Anthology...but
          he really insisted on a copy of MoM. But - you know & I know how
          good the recent albums have been....but, if you're going to have only
          ONE Anvil record in your collection - then it's gotta be
          MoM....that's their classic (along with FiF).

          He's the man of New York City heavy metal radio....so - if it's MoM
          he wants - then it's MoM he's gonna get!!!

          Hope you are well, too, Elaine!!!!

          - jeff

          Service.