Ronnie James Dio

  • moshkingdanvil
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2002
      I met ronnie james dio on friday he is the man! and always will be
      and he autographed my Black Sabbath
      Heaven and Hell record.
      I also met the whole band
      Wicked cool dudes,
      they really dug my Alcatrazz shirt!!!
      If you don't have "Killing the Dragon" yet I would
      advise buying it as soon as possible.

      Oh yeah and is it really true that all academy members will get free
      backstage passes on the Anvil tour?
      I would like to meet those guys in person.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2002
        --- In academyofanvil@y..., "moshkingdanvil" <anviladict@s...> wrote:
        > I met ronnie james dio on friday he is the man! and always will be
        > and he autographed my Black Sabbath
        > Heaven and Hell record.

        That is great!!! Ron rocks. I love Sabbath with Ozzy..they recorded
        their best songs with him but the Sabbath albums with Dio were some
        of there best overall albums.

        > Oh yeah and is it really true that all academy members will get free
        > backstage passes on the Anvil tour?
        > I would like to meet those guys in person.

        You don't need one. They guys usually mingle with people afterwards.
        They are very approachable.
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 30, 2002
          Sure! Ronnie James Dio...He's just great! He'll be in Quebec City on
          July 4 at the Old Port Agora. This place is outside, excellent for
          the sound (acoustic and voice) cos there's water all around the stage
          (really don't know if it's the water that makes the effect). It looks
          like the stage is floating. When you look up at left, you see Le
          Ch√Ęteau Frontenac and all the buildings with old green copper on
          their roof illuminated, in the Old Quebec...Hallucinating! It's going
          to smell "Sativa", believe me.

          I saw him on the Mob Rules Tour, and he's a "singer". "Neon Knight"
          couldn't be done by another singer than him. "Sign of the southern
          cross", "Children of the sea" neither, I think. I saw him in 1985
          also, but to be honnest I prefer his voice on Black Sabbath's tunes.
          He made good songs in solo, but it's just a matter of taste.

          Do you go to the Classic Metal Festival, Dan? I'm not pretty good in
          geography, but Ohio is that near Mass.? If you go.....take pics
          please!!! We want some new pictures... You don't need a 35 mm, just a
          a 10$ Fudji to hide it on you! I think that cameras are allowed
          (doesn't matter if they're not!).

          Will Lips use his old vibrator, or the brand new "Greek" one. he
          should take the greek one if they play some tunes from SGS :) Just to
          stay in the spirit of the cover's concept...

          Tange
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2002
            Cool. I'm sure it will be a fantastic show. I hope you have a great time.
            In fact, have an extra great time for me because July 4th is my birthday.

            Tony

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
              You know Tony, I won't see the Dio show. I'm in United States until
              middle July. I had to quit my town, to see that they bring some
              interesting shows in Quebec City, dam it! In September, I'll be back
              in the "North Pole" and see Joe Satriani and KingX in a same show at
              the Agora (open air), on September 9 (it will be almost winter!!).
              Along St.Lawrence river, it's called "Bring the leather coat",
              brrrr...the wind seems to come from the Groenland at this period of
              year. We'll have Dreamtheater (I'm not a fan, sorry Slug) on
              September too. I "dream" of a Metal Show with 3 bands. Halford-Anvil-
              Saxon. I dream.....yeah.

              I'll spend your birthday with all the american flags around me. I
              thought that we were patriotic in Quebec, but I changed my mind. I
              never seen so many american flags, I feel at the Olympic games. I
              need to learn my English, cos my writen English is getting better,
              but in Quebec City there's no opportunity to speak English at all. My
              pronounciation sux. I gesticulate a lot, but they seem to understand
              me.

              I won't forget your birthday, cos I will see a big big fireworks!

              Tange :)