Baron Rojo

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 23, 2002
      Hell! I was checking the multitude of Lps at a friend's house and I
      found "Baron Rojo". As I'm not at the last step of Alzeimer (yet), I
      remembered that band of the 80', and I think they were Italians. I'm
      not sure they were...I know it was a special kind of metal, funny to
      hear. I like metal bands that sound different not only by the hard
      side of this music, but also by the way to be completely different
      from others. I didn't listen cos after that I found an old
      Triumvirat, a lot of Strawbs: to be brief prog rock. Amazing! I was
      like a child in a Toys Store. I saw the first Scorpions albums, the
      really first with Michael Schenker and also "Virgin(s)Killer(s)" with
      another drummer that Rarebell. I used to be a prog rock lover before
      to see Anvil (called Lips) live. The really first heavy album I
      bought after my metamorphosis was "The best of Scorpions". The cover
      showed a woman's "hip" with a scorpion on it. I think that they
      changed the cover for the CD...

      That's all folks!

      Don't forget that on June 24, in "National Day" in the province of
      Quebec. No more headheaches after the St-Jean-Baptiste, I made my
      part!

      Tange :)
    • junjun0073
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 23, 2002
        Hello Tange! sorry for my long absence.. lots happenned in my life..
        (nothing exciting tho! hehe! just job things)

        i think Baron Rojo is a spanish band.. i know what you mean..you like
        the unique band.. with charactors :D i like that kind of band too!
        maybe that's why we are attracted by Anvil? :)

        i added my recent pic to the members photo album. i'll drop by here
        more often!

        cheers
        JJ

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 23, 2002
          Hey JJ! What the heck!..I thought you moved on March! Baron Rojo:
          Spanish, you're probably right. I must be honnest and tell you that
          Anvil didn't attract me first by the music, more the... yunno. But,
          like they were getting more and more popular, it was difficult to see
          them on stage and I HAD :) to listen to them...and I found them
          great, I still do.......cos I REALLY DON'T SEE THEM LIVE ANYMORE!!

          Good to have news from you JunJun ;-)

          Tange
        • wipy1999
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 24, 2002
            Hi Back here not around here for a long time. Yes Baron Rojo is from
            Spain they are still around. They have played in Bolivia before but
            never Peru. Baron Rojo relased a new cd in 2001 I have not heard it.
            I heard the one in 1997 I think it was called Desarme or something
            like that. The first song is very Thin Lizzyish. Check the BNR Metal
            pages for more info on Baron Rojo links. I have heard most of Baron
            Rojos stuff but not some of their last 2 cds plus some of their late
            80,s stuff. Spoony Can you help us out on this??? Hey is it true
            Anvil is playing The Classic metaLfest again go to
            www.damienthorne.com and check out the link for the ClassicMetalFest.-