STILL GOING STRONG

  • anvilips2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2002
      Dick Dale sure could wail
      Haley rocked the clock
      Chuck and Holly good golly Miss Molly
      It was the birth of rock n roll

      Beatles , Stones innovative tones
      Hendrix burned his guitar
      Acid rock what a shock
      Adolecence of rock n roll

      Parents said it's wrong
      Don't listen to the devils song
      Critics said it won't last long
      After 50 years Still going strong
      Still going strong, Still going strong never will die
      Still going strong, Still going strong I tell no lie

      Jimmy Page all the rage
      Cream was over the top
      Rod and Beck, Deep Purple's living wreck
      Black Sabbath sold their soul

      Parents said it's wrong
      Don't listen to the devils song
      Critics said it won't last long
      After 50 years Still going Strong
      Still going strong, Still going strong never will die
      Still going strong, Still going strong , I tell no lie

      Priest and Maiden came along
      Anvil makes a metal song
      Like a club that you belong
      Here we are STILL GOING STRONG
    • (no author)
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2002
        Wow, LIPS! That's just great..I mean the main idea is interesting and you
        describe very well history. Just great, I can't wait to listen to the music.
        I'm sure, but sure that this album is great. Keep on rockind dood!

        Tange :)

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2002
          Yeaaaaah.

          I can already feel my head start to bang just by
          reading the lyrics.

          Rock and roll!

          Damn, Lips! You guys must tour South America soon!

          : )

          Cheers

          --- anvilips2000 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > Dick Dale sure could wail
          > Haley rocked the clock
          > Chuck and Holly good golly Miss Molly
          > It was the birth of rock n roll
          >
          > Beatles , Stones innovative tones
          > Hendrix burned his guitar
          > Acid rock what a shock
          > Adolecence of rock n roll
          >
          > Parents said it's wrong
          > Don't listen to the devils song
          > Critics said it won't last long
          > After 50 years Still going strong
          > Still going strong, Still going strong never will
          > die
          > Still going strong, Still going strong I tell no lie
          >
          > Jimmy Page all the rage
          > Cream was over the top
          > Rod and Beck, Deep Purple's living wreck
          > Black Sabbath sold their soul
          >
          > Parents said it's wrong
          > Don't listen to the devils song
          > Critics said it won't last long
          > After 50 years Still going Strong
          > Still going strong, Still going strong never will
          > die
          > Still going strong, Still going strong , I tell no
          > lie
          >
          > Priest and Maiden came along
          > Anvil makes a metal song
          > Like a club that you belong
          > Here we are STILL GOING STRONG

          http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
        • slugguit
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2002
            Hey Lips,

            That's a great succinct history of Rock - good work!

            Jerry

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3, 2002
              Those are fuckin' great lyrics!!!!!!

              I am in the process of putting them on the webpage.

              tg