July 22: Still going Strong

    Message 1 of 10 , May 19, 2002
      It's far...... :( I thought it would be middle June. If I got to buy
      it in Germany, I would need a course on the "Euro" cos the Deutch
      Mark wasn't easy to calculate neither. Well, are you going to post
      someone or should we call this place "Dormitory of Anvil"? You got
      nothing to say now, but to criticize and make remarks on SGS I feel
      like you will be all there. Like if a band only need critics to
      evoluate in their style..just some comments sometimes can be
      interesting.

    • captain2man
      Message 2 of 10 , May 20, 2002
        Yes - we still have a couple of months to wait for a new Anvil
        record. But - we'll make it.

        It's tough, Tange, about the lack of comments. Obviously, this board
        will be more active as Anvil is more active.

        I'm sure when the new CD comes out - there will be tons of posts, and
        when the guys start to play some shows - same thing.

        In the meantime, we should all break out the old Anvil catalog, and
        make comments on some of the old ones.

        What songs should Anvil reconsider for their set-list??

        I mean - if you look at the old set-lists (many of which can be found
        on Tony's official website) -- the sets have been a little too
        similar over the past few years.

        We know they have to play the standards....but there's a wealth of
        songs in that catalog to choose from.

        Personally, my favorite "lost" Anvil record - "Worth the
        Weight"...would love to hear a couple of songs from that record the
        next time around.

        - Jeff

        --- In academyofanvil@y..., "tangelaine2000" <prot@m...> wrote:
        > It's far...... :( I thought it would be middle June. If I got to
        buy
        > it in Germany, I would need a course on the "Euro" cos the Deutch
        > Mark wasn't easy to calculate neither. Well, are you going to post
        > someone or should we call this place "Dormitory of Anvil"? You got
        > nothing to say now, but to criticize and make remarks on SGS I feel
        > like you will be all there. Like if a band only need critics to
        > evoluate in their style..just some comments sometimes can be
        > interesting.

      • captain2man
        Message 3 of 10 , May 20, 2002
          --- In academyofanvil@y..., "tangelaine2000" <prot@m...> wrote:
          > It's far...... :( I thought it would be middle June. If I got to
          buy
          > it in Germany, I would need a course on the "Euro" cos the Deutch
          > Mark wasn't easy to calculate neither. Well, are you going to post
          > someone or should we call this place "Dormitory of Anvil"? You got
          > nothing to say now, but to criticize and make remarks on SGS I feel
          > like you will be all there. Like if a band only need critics to
          > evoluate in their style..just some comments sometimes can be
          > interesting.

        • (no author)
          Message 4 of 10 , May 20, 2002
            Worth the weight? I like "Infanticide" and "Love me when I'm death", I'm
            just crazy about it. A little prog at the opening, after a "sabbath bloody
            sabbath" influences, chorus extra good, and to finish Robb and Lips style to
            mix all that..........just love the song, I said. In French I understood the
            title in a different way. Cos it's a fact that when somebody dies, at the
            funeral "he was always the better guy in the world". But when he was alive,
            probably that he was alone, and not appreciated at all...Good song.

            Sadness: There's 4 notes exactly similar at Stairway to Heaven. This song
            deserves it's titles.......no, listen to it...

            I'm not mad cos people don't post, I'm full of "Sadness". I miss
            Metalpounder, LemmyrockNroll, Helion, Butterbust, Wipy, Slugguit, Dan and
            all the dudes! It a chance that Tony is there....and you Captain. I admire
            you're long posts. You're my idol after Anvil !! :) I'm going for a week in
            a holidays. I hope I will find a computer to use Hotmail to follow. We
            should begin at new, take each of the album and tell our mind on it...Like I
            have Hard'N'Heavy now....and Anvil, yeah Sirs are the pionners of speed
            metal. "Bedroom games" in 1980 was unusual. They were the firts, they'll be
            the last.......Keep on rocking!!

            Tange :)

            Message 5 of 10 , May 20, 2002
              Hi Élaine!

              Sorry I haven't been posting much, but I am around :) I guess I'm
              just "weighting" for more news <G>.

              Message 6 of 10 , May 20, 2002
                I check this board 2 - 3 times a day. I just don't bother posting
                unless I have something worthwhile to say. I'm not one for small talk.
                Once the new CD comes out in July this board will get busy again.

                tony
              • (no author)
                Message 7 of 10 , May 20, 2002
                  I noticed Tony that "you were not one for small talk"... :) ... and I know
                  that you check the board. It's just that when I'm a fan, I am for long (22
                  years). I just don't get some other member's attitudes, but on the other
                  hand I'm sure they don't understand me neither.....so.

                  Come on! I complained only to make you post, to see if you're still alive,
                  to have some news holy shit!

                  Tange :)

                  Message 8 of 10 , May 20, 2002
                    Well - you see - NOW you can't get me to shut up!!!

                    Hahahahaha..........

                    Like Tony said, once Anvil starts doing stuff - so will we.

                    It would be fun to get reports from the studio from Lips.

                    Lips?? Hello, Lips? If you're out there...give us a studio update!

                    Tony: website looks good....let's fill-up that tour dates page,
                    though, OK?? Even if it's fake.......let's book a tour for Anvil
                    ourselves! Wouldn't that be revolutionary??

                    What was the last time the hardcore fans of a band acted as band
                    booking agent???

                    Tange: you mentioned Hard 'n' Heavy before.......I like that album a
                    lot......I like "School Love" -- but I think those guys should play
                    one of the other songs on there once in awhile. I think "Bedroom
                    Game" would sound killer.

                    I also think some more attention should be given to the modern-day
                    Anvil....I mean, c'mon - "Smokin' Green", "Old School", "Speed of
                    Sound"......there are about 30 songs to choose from on those albums -
                    and those are the only 3 that turn-up. I love those songs....but I
                    love a lot of the other songs on those albums, too - and would like
                    hearing them once in awhile.

                    I mean, if you're touring with the same line-up you record with, my
                    philosophy is that you should have EVERY song you've done at your
                    fingertips - ready to go at a moment's notice.....it must get boring
                    for those guys to play the same exact songs every night.

                    Variety is the spice of life!

                    But who asked ol' Jeff the Captain anyway, right??

                    What?? Am I Anvil's manager or something??

                    - jeff

                    --- In academyofanvil@y..., "Élaine" <prot@m...> wrote:
                    > I noticed Tony that "you were not one for small talk"... :) ... and
                    I know
                    > that you check the board. It's just that when I'm a fan, I am for
                    long (22
                    > years). I just don't get some other member's attitudes, but on the
                    other
                    > hand I'm sure they don't understand me neither.....so.
                    >
                    > Come on! I complained only to make you post, to see if you're
                    still alive,
                    > to have some news holy shit!
                    >
                    > Tange :)

                    Service.

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 22, 2002
                      Oh yes Jeff, I love the idea of the fake Tour date. One week please
                      sold out in Quebec City at Le Capitole...You fool! :))

                      There's another song I really like musically, cos the lyrics are
                      ordinary. I like "Hard times fast ladies" for the guitar, the beat
                      and the vocals...Lips's voice is unusual on this song. Lyrics were
                      made to go on Metal on Metal maybe...but it's just a personal point
                      of view. But listen at the opening this sound of guitar, Lips's mood
                      is there...There's a couple of songs like this one that I like just
                      for the drums or just the guitar. Winged assasins in my #1 for drums
                      and bass, but they got it on their playlist. If COMPUTER DRONE has
                      been "deeply inspirated" from The Grand Funk's paranoid; why not
                      keeping the tune and changing the lyrics of "Hard times fast ladies"?

                      LIPS is there and he's not there..Yunno, he changed (LOL) since he
                      saw the Acropolis (I hope he didn't have any visions smoking green).
                      But we, crazy fans of Yahell haven't seen yet the ACROPOLIS on
                      pics!?! Does the "Minolta manual" has been destructed?

                      No, seriously I'm sure he's on a rush in these times. When we're
                      going to turn their "STS" songs all the ways (comparing as, sounding
                      like)...he'll STIKE BACK!

                      Tange :)

                      Message 10 of 10 , May 22, 2002
                        Oh yes, I'll stop to begin my posts by "Oh yes" :)