Spermaceti

    Message 1 of 6 , May 5, 2002
      Actually spermaceti comes from the oil from a sperm whale....NOT from
      it's sperm.

      http://www.factmonster.com/ce6/sci/A0846249.html

      http://www.bartleby.com/65/sp/spermace.html
    • (no author)
      Message 2 of 6 , May 5, 2002
        That's what I said dear, it was boiled and sterilized (treated). This oil
        came from what exactly? From a Sperm Whale, who's going to disapear soon....
        A sperm whale in French is a Cachalot. The oil of the rest of this poor
        beast was used to make lipsticks, oil for lamps, motor's lubrifiant. Now you
        know what ladys got on their lips? Lipstick made with oil (boiled and
        sterilized) that comes from dead dogs, dead cats, picked in the streets. L
        oréal does that. So next time you'll kiss a woman, ask her to take off her
        lipstick LOL.

        Tange :))

        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2002
          You said "It was boiled and sterilized boiled whale's sperm."

          As for lipstick....I usually tell them to "wipe it off on this" as
          drop my pants. :)

          --- In academyofanvil@y..., "Élaine" <prot@m...> wrote:
          > That's what I said dear, it was boiled and sterilized (treated).
          This oil
          > came from what exactly? From a Sperm Whale, who's going to disapear
          soon....
          > A sperm whale in French is a Cachalot. The oil of the rest of this poor
          > beast was used to make lipsticks, oil for lamps, motor's lubrifiant.
          Now you
          > know what ladys got on their lips? Lipstick made with oil (boiled and
          > sterilized) that comes from dead dogs, dead cats, picked in the
          streets. L
          > oréal does that. So next time you'll kiss a woman, ask her to take
          off her
          > lipstick LOL.

        • (no author)
          Message 4 of 6 , May 5, 2002
            You! Macho! If I was one of them, guess what I'll answer.... :)) And please,
            it's a 50 years old teacher that learned me that at school. Ask yourself why
            cachalots are called Sperm Whales....because they were the only kind to
            provide that substance. I will never have a doubt on something you say about
            computers......cos you got your diploma. I have a diploma, and my PSM ...
            enough descriptive of my mood......LOL ;-)

            Flipper